how to run a program and same the output to the same console
Author Message
 how to run a program and same the output to the same console

Hello,

I am relatively new to wsh programming and am banging my head against
a wall trying to do something that I'm sure is really simple

my VBScript program is run in a console with cscript. inside it I want
to run another console program and have the output sent to the same
place as the output from my script itself (i.e. working the same as a
simple .bat file or unix shell script).

I would have expected this to be the default mechanism, but all I can
find is the run and exec methods within wscript.shell. run always
opens up a new console which is no good. Exec doesn't do this, but
instead it hooks up the standard output to it's own streams that I am
then expected to process myself.

someone please tell me what I am missing?

Andy

Sat, 12 Nov 2005 18:19:51 GMT

1. running console app in same console

2. Windows 2000 console output

3. Redirect console output?

4. Grabbing DOS console output

5. Chaining console output using CScript.exe

6. Problems with console output handling

7. WSH output to console

8. Output to console

9. how to capture console output on client window.

10. Sending JScript output to the Java console

11. redmon swith output between Prompt for filename and Program Handles Output

12. Question for Dino Espositio - console-related programming