WSC and Windows XP pro
Author Message
 WSC and Windows XP pro

Quote:
> Creating scripting components (WSC) on a ASP page on a XP machine doesnt
work as
> expected. I get hangs and "ran out of memory" on every XP machine I have
tested.
> Works like a charm on W2k and NT4.

> My test ASP file look like below. And the scripting component has 0 lines
of
> code in either metod Dummy() or global scope, just the definition !!

> Dim o
> Set o = Server.CreateObject("Test.wsc")
> Call o.Dummy()
> Set o = Nothing

> The trick is to access the page a few times, then wait 5 minutes and
access it
> again. Then the real problems begin.

Hi,

We have identified the problem; it is in URLMON.DLL.

Will let you know more as it becomes available.

Peter

--

Waiting for the Vengabus? http://www.*-*-*.com/
Please post all questions to the group. Thanks.

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:25:34 GMT
 WSC and Windows XP pro
Yes I get the same thing on my xp pro box.  using wsc component. worked just
fine under windows 2000.. however, under xp pro, it will work fine for 5-10
minutes than say "Ran out of memory" when trying to view the page..

Jeff

Quote:

> > Creating scripting components (WSC) on a ASP page on a XP machine doesnt
> work as
> > expected. I get hangs and "ran out of memory" on every XP machine I have
> tested.
> > Works like a charm on W2k and NT4.

> > My test ASP file look like below. And the scripting component has 0
lines
> of
> > code in either metod Dummy() or global scope, just the definition !!

> > Dim o
> > Set o = Server.CreateObject("Test.wsc")
> > Call o.Dummy()
> > Set o = Nothing

> > The trick is to access the page a few times, then wait 5 minutes and
> access it
> > again. Then the real problems begin.

> Hi,

> We have identified the problem; it is in URLMON.DLL.

> Will let you know more as it becomes available.

> Peter

> --

> Waiting for the Vengabus? http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
> Please post all questions to the group. Thanks.

Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:45:39 GMT

1. cdonts in Windows XP Pro

2. WSHController with XP Pro and XP Home

3. windows xp and jscript - I cannot Install scriptgen with windows XP

4. Problem: VBS Mapping a Drive in XP Pro

5. XP Pro, Access, "Undefined Error"

6. Regedit /s and XP Pro

7. FileSystemObject lockup under XP Pro

8. NO CDONTS in XP Pro?

9. Can't use File System Object on XP Pro

10. FileSystemObject in XP PRO

11. Problem: VBS Mapping a Drive in XP Pro

12. WSH 5.6 and Script Debugger on XP Pro problems