want to install new programs on our network .....
Author Message
 want to install new programs on our network .....

Hello, I am an administrator, with a microsoft network . and with
patches coming out weekly I would like to install via vbs script that
I use for logon script. Most of my client are NT work stations and I
run into the problem users dont have to right to install programs

is there a vbs commad to change user or run program as this user ??

thanks
Jim

Fri, 02 Jul 2004 11:12:57 GMT
 want to install new programs on our network .....
There ist no VBS command ;-(((

Quote:
> Hello, I am an administrator, with a microsoft network . and with
> patches coming out weekly I would like to install via vbs script that
> I use for logon script. Most of my client are NT work stations and I
> run into the problem users dont have to right to install programs

> is there a vbs commad to change user or run program as this user ??

> thanks
> Jim

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 00:21:37 GMT
 want to install new programs on our network .....

Quote:

> Hello, I am an administrator, with a microsoft network . and with
> patches coming out weekly I would like to install via vbs script that
> I use for logon script. Most of my client are NT work stations and I
> run into the problem users dont have to right to install programs

> is there a vbs commad to change user or run program as this user ??

Hi

I guess SFImpersonator.dll or the MS su.exe utility may be used:

Subject: registry key entry for running a program as admin
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.hosting,
microsoft.public.scripting.VBScript, microsoft.public.scripting.wsh,
microsoft.public.win2000.setup, microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment
Date: 2001-11-19 02:24:36 PST

For some more info on su.exe:

Subject: RunAs.exe
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc
Date: 2001-12-18 07:57:13 PST

You can use http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search to fetch it :-)

--
torgeir

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 01:44:41 GMT

1. WANTED: Double-Sided PostScript Network Postcards Printer Spec.

2. Silent Install of WMI 1.5 in a NT4 network

3. GSview and Network Install

4. Installing Ghostview on a Novell Network

5. Installed network printers

6. Getting installed network protocols

7. Silent Install of WMI 1.5 in a NT4 network

8. installing network printer

9. Installed network printers

10. Using VBS file to install a program?

11. Install a whole program automatically with VBS file?

12. Check for Installed Programs