"Ressources" in WSH 2.0 as in WSC
Author Message
 "Ressources" in WSH 2.0 as in WSC

It would be cool if WSH 2.0 had the "ressources" concept as in WSC.
Thanks to the XML parser it would be easy to store with a script.

Olivier Mengu.

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Ressources" in WSH 2.0 as in WSC
The resource element exists in WSH. It behaves just like the resource
element in WSC.

As for documentation: it apparently didn't make it into the online version
of the documents, but there is a topic describing the resource element in
the downloadable WSH 2.0 documentation. If you try to get to it from the
table of contents, it'll take you to the reference element page (doc bug),
but if you look it up in the index, it will take you to the correct topic.

Note: The WSH documentation is slightly wrong for JScript developers. The
getResource() function is listed with a capital "g" (i.e. "GetResource") -
it should be lower case in JScript.

You can also use the WSC documentation for the resource element - they
behave exactly the same. In the WSC docs, I believe we have the
capitalization correct, too.

Cheers,
  Mike Whalen
  Windows Script Dev

Quote:
> It would be cool if WSH 2.0 had the "ressources" concept as in WSC.
> Thanks to the XML parser it would be easy to store with a script.

> Olivier Mengu.

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Ressources" in WSH 2.0 as in WSC
I have the WSH 2 beta 2 and the corresponding WSH docs (CHM) downloaded and I
don't see any reference to the <resource> element.  I got the syntax online from
the WSC docs.

--
Michael Harris

| The resource element exists in WSH. It behaves just like the resource
| element in WSC.
|
| As for documentation: it apparently didn't make it into the online version
| of the documents, but there is a topic describing the resource element in
| the downloadable WSH 2.0 documentation. If you try to get to it from the
| table of contents, it'll take you to the reference element page (doc bug),
| but if you look it up in the index, it will take you to the correct topic.
|
| Note: The WSH documentation is slightly wrong for JScript developers. The
| getResource() function is listed with a capital "g" (i.e. "GetResource") -
| it should be lower case in JScript.
|
| You can also use the WSC documentation for the resource element - they
| behave exactly the same. In the WSC docs, I believe we have the
| capitalization correct, too.
|
| Cheers,
|   Mike Whalen
|   Windows Script Dev
|

| > It would be cool if WSH 2.0 had the "ressources" concept as in WSC.
| > Thanks to the XML parser it would be easy to store with a script.
| >
| > Olivier Mengu.

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Ressources" in WSH 2.0 as in WSC
<resource> is _not_ in the toc or the index.  I just downloaded a fresh copy
of the wsh2 beta 2 docs just to be sure...

Wasn't there supposed to be a fresh version of beta 2 available last week (I
believe Andrew said in his 7/7 post that Thursday 7/8 was the target)?

--
Michael Harris

| I have the WSH 2 beta 2 and the corresponding WSH docs (CHM) downloaded
and I
| don't see any reference to the <resource> element.  I got the syntax
online from
| the WSC docs.
|
| --
| Michael Harris
|

| | The resource element exists in WSH. It behaves just like the resource
| | element in WSC.
| |
| | As for documentation: it apparently didn't make it into the online
version
| | of the documents, but there is a topic describing the resource element
in
| | the downloadable WSH 2.0 documentation. If you try to get to it from the
| | table of contents, it'll take you to the reference element page (doc
bug),
| | but if you look it up in the index, it will take you to the correct
topic.
| |
| | Note: The WSH documentation is slightly wrong for JScript developers.
The
| | getResource() function is listed with a capital "g" (i.e.
"GetResource") -
| | it should be lower case in JScript.
| |
| | You can also use the WSC documentation for the resource element - they
| | behave exactly the same. In the WSC docs, I believe we have the
| | capitalization correct, too.
| |
| | Cheers,
| |   Mike Whalen
| |   Windows Script Dev
| |
| |

| | > It would be cool if WSH 2.0 had the "ressources" concept as in WSC.
| | > Thanks to the XML parser it would be easy to store with a script.
| | >
| | > Olivier Mengu.

| |
| |

Sat, 29 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Ressources" in WSH 2.0 as in WSC

Forgive me - I was looking in the wrong version of the docs. I thought I
downloaded them and checked, but I guess I started another version.

Bascially, it was an omission - the <resource> element is available. It is
documented in the WSC docs. Basically, you use it like the following:

<job>
<resource id="errMessage">
An error occurred.
</resource>
<script language="JScript">
// some code
// catch an error
WScript.Echo(getResource("errMessage"));
// etc.
</script>
</job>

Cheers,
  Mike Whalen
  Windows Script Dev

Quote:
> <resource> is _not_ in the toc or the index.  I just downloaded a fresh
copy
> of the wsh2 beta 2 docs just to be sure...

> Wasn't there supposed to be a fresh version of beta 2 available last week
(I
> believe Andrew said in his 7/7 post that Thursday 7/8 was the target)?

> --
> Michael Harris

> | I have the WSH 2 beta 2 and the corresponding WSH docs (CHM) downloaded
> and I
> | don't see any reference to the <resource> element.  I got the syntax
> online from
> | the WSC docs.
> |
> | --
> | Michael Harris
> |

> | | The resource element exists in WSH. It behaves just like the resource
> | | element in WSC.
> | |
> | | As for documentation: it apparently didn't make it into the online
> version
> | | of the documents, but there is a topic describing the resource element
> in
> | | the downloadable WSH 2.0 documentation. If you try to get to it from
the
> | | table of contents, it'll take you to the reference element page (doc
> bug),
> | | but if you look it up in the index, it will take you to the correct
> topic.
> | |
> | | Note: The WSH documentation is slightly wrong for JScript developers.
> The
> | | getResource() function is listed with a capital "g" (i.e.
> "GetResource") -
> | | it should be lower case in JScript.
> | |
> | | You can also use the WSC documentation for the resource element - they
> | | behave exactly the same. In the WSC docs, I believe we have the
> | | capitalization correct, too.
> | |
> | | Cheers,
> | |   Mike Whalen
> | |   Windows Script Dev
> | |
> | |

> | |
> | |

Sat, 29 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Ressources" in WSH 2.0 as in WSC
Yeah, there was supposed to be a new WSH beta release last week, but
remember Andrew agreed with me, a while back, when I jokingly said that MS
has exactly one week to deliver on promises.  He has 2 more days for this
one... before we can escalate-- {*filter*}, moan, and  make foolish, half-witted
anti-MS accusations.  Man, I hate people like that!?
: )-

Anyhow, I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been impressed with the
developments in Windows scripting .  Granted, they are a bit over do, but
this whole "movement" is going to change things in the Windows world
forever.  No longer will all those UNIX freaks be able to throw
cripting( or lack there of) back in our face.  In fact, now, anyone who
would argue for Shell scripts over WSH coupled with Automation objects,
HTAs, etc. has to be a few pieces short of Lego Land.

Jason

Quote:
> <resource> is _not_ in the toc or the index.  I just downloaded a fresh
copy
> of the wsh2 beta 2 docs just to be sure...

> Wasn't there supposed to be a fresh version of beta 2 available last week
(I
> believe Andrew said in his 7/7 post that Thursday 7/8 was the target)?

> --
> Michael Harris

> | I have the WSH 2 beta 2 and the corresponding WSH docs (CHM) downloaded
> and I
> | don't see any reference to the <resource> element.  I got the syntax
> online from
> | the WSC docs.
> |
> | --
> | Michael Harris
> |

> | | The resource element exists in WSH. It behaves just like the resource
> | | element in WSC.
> | |
> | | As for documentation: it apparently didn't make it into the online
> version
> | | of the documents, but there is a topic describing the resource element
> in
> | | the downloadable WSH 2.0 documentation. If you try to get to it from
the
> | | table of contents, it'll take you to the reference element page (doc
> bug),
> | | but if you look it up in the index, it will take you to the correct
> topic.
> | |
> | | Note: The WSH documentation is slightly wrong for JScript developers.
> The
> | | getResource() function is listed with a capital "g" (i.e.
> "GetResource") -
> | | it should be lower case in JScript.
> | |
> | | You can also use the WSC documentation for the resource element - they
> | | behave exactly the same. In the WSC docs, I believe we have the
> | | capitalization correct, too.
> | |
> | | Cheers,
> | |   Mike Whalen
> | |   Windows Script Dev
> | |
> | |

> | |
> | |

Sat, 29 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Ressources" in WSH 2.0 as in WSC
Are you saying that ressoureces are implemented in WSH 2.0 as in WSC, but
just not documented ?

Olivier Mengu

Quote:
> I have the WSH 2 beta 2 and the corresponding WSH docs (CHM) downloaded
and I
> don't see any reference to the <resource> element.  I got the syntax
online from
> the WSC docs.

Sat, 29 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Ressources" in WSH 2.0 as in WSC

Yes. The documentation for the <resource> element was added very late, and
didn't make the Beta 2 docs. The feature is available in WSH 2.0 Beta 2,
regardless. It will be documented in the final version.

And the <resource> element is implemented in exactly the same way as it is
in WSC, so you can check out those docs if you don't know how to use it.

Cheers,
  Mike Whalen
  Windows Script Dev

Quote:
> Are you saying that ressoureces are implemented in WSH 2.0 as in WSC, but
> just not documented ?

> Olivier Mengu

> > I have the WSH 2 beta 2 and the corresponding WSH docs (CHM) downloaded
> and I
> > don't see any reference to the <resource> element.  I got the syntax
> online from
> > the WSC docs.

Sun, 30 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Ressources" in WSH 2.0 as in WSC
Hi Mike,

Exists others tag of WSC in WSH 2.0, for example, <comment></comment>. Will
it be documented in the final version?

Pablo Almunia
Madrid - Spain

Sun, 30 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Broken" WSH 2.0

2. "Broken" WSH 2.0

3. "File : Close" hang in Ghostview 2.0

4. "file" operator disabled on NeXT 2.0

5. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

7. Problem With "window.showmodaldialog("")"

8. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

9. WSH and "Open File" dialog box

10. wsh/vbs and "Memory Leaks"...

11. Stoping WSH "virus's"