Windows Scheduler Will Not Run My Script
Author Message
 Windows Scheduler Will Not Run My Script

I am going FREAKING crazy here!  I have created a nice vbs file that I was
going to use to move some regularly occuring log files from C: to D:.
Everything works fine from command line using the c:\cscript.exe move.vbs
command.  I try to schedule the thing and it will not run.  I have restarted
the Task Scheduler service numerous times and it simply will not run my vbs
file.  Heck, I have even created a simple vbs file and it will not even run
it.  What is up?  This same machine has been running a batch file for years
without problems.  Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Fred

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 07:35:48 GMT
 Windows Scheduler Will Not Run My Script

Quote:

> I am going FREAKING crazy here!  I have created a nice vbs file that
> I was going to use to move some regularly occuring log files from C:
> to D:. Everything works fine from command line using the
> c:\cscript.exe move.vbs command.  I try to schedule the thing and it
> will not run.  I have restarted the Task Scheduler service numerous
> times and it simply will not run my vbs file.  Heck, I have even
> created a simple vbs file and it will not even run it.  What is up?
> This same machine has been running a batch file for years without
> problems.  Any Ideas?

Have you tried either of these?

Run: cscript.exe "c:\my script path\move.vbs"

or

Run: cscript.exe move.vbs
Start in: "c:\my script path"

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Technet Script Center
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.asp

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:20:12 GMT
 Windows Scheduler Will Not Run My Script
What's the difference between cscript and wscript?

> > I am going FREAKING crazy here!  I have created a nice vbs file that
> > I was going to use to move some regularly occuring log files from C:
> > to D:. Everything works fine from command line using the
> > c:\cscript.exe move.vbs command.  I try to schedule the thing and it
> > will not run.  I have restarted the Task Scheduler service numerous
> > times and it simply will not run my vbs file.  Heck, I have even
> > created a simple vbs file and it will not even run it.  What is up?
> > This same machine has been running a batch file for years without
> > problems.  Any Ideas?

> Have you tried either of these?

> Run: cscript.exe "c:\my script path\move.vbs"

> or

> Run: cscript.exe move.vbs
> Start in: "c:\my script path"

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> Seattle WA US

> Technet Script Center
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.asp

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:40:59 GMT
 Windows Scheduler Will Not Run My Script

Quote:

> What's the difference between cscript and wscript?

cscript.exe is the console mode host

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
Seattle WA US

Technet Script Center
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.asp

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:18:30 GMT
 Windows Scheduler Will Not Run My Script
I have copied the cscript.exe file to the root of C: and now my script is
successfully running.  I am however having problems copying files to my D:
though.  I am trying to use:
fso.CopyFile CompleteLogSourcePath, MovedLogPath
where
OriginalLogPath = "C:\WINNT\app\log\"
MovedLogPath = "D:\DataStorage\"

If I change the MovedLogPath = "C:\" it works fine.  I now have to figure
out how to make it copy to my data storage drive.

Thanks,
Fred

Quote:
> What's the difference between cscript and wscript?

> --

> > > I am going FREAKING crazy here!  I have created a nice vbs file that
> > > I was going to use to move some regularly occuring log files from C:
> > > to D:. Everything works fine from command line using the
> > > c:\cscript.exe move.vbs command.  I try to schedule the thing and it
> > > will not run.  I have restarted the Task Scheduler service numerous
> > > times and it simply will not run my vbs file.  Heck, I have even
> > > created a simple vbs file and it will not even run it.  What is up?
> > > This same machine has been running a batch file for years without
> > > problems.  Any Ideas?

> > Have you tried either of these?

> > Run: cscript.exe "c:\my script path\move.vbs"

> > or

> > Run: cscript.exe move.vbs
> > Start in: "c:\my script path"

> > --
> > Michael Harris
> > Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> > Seattle WA US

> > Technet Script Center
> > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.asp

Wed, 17 Aug 2005 00:50:52 GMT

1. Windows Scheduler Will Not Run My Script

2. shell.run() not executing when js file envoked by scheduler

3. How to run a .vbs from Windows NT Scheduler Service

4. Scheduler fails to run script

5. Unable to run script via W2K Terminal Services Task Scheduler

6. script run on task scheduler?

7. Scripting the Windows Task Scheduler in Win98

8. need a script willing to pay

9. WSH not running on Windows 95???

10. Problems Installing Windows Script 5.0 and Windows Script Host 2.0 Beta on Windows NT 4.0

11. Running cscript via bat or scheduler

12. run a VBSript on Win98 task scheduler