Why WScript.CreateObject()
Author Message
 Why WScript.CreateObject()

Since VBScript comes with a builtin function CreateObject(), why would you
want to use WScript.CreateObject()?

i.e. What are the advantages to letting the Windows Scripting Host do the
object creation vs. the VBScript engine?

(Since the WScript version has the 3rd parameter for event prefix, does this
mean that any objects created with the VBScript CreateObject aren't hooked
up to events?)

Inquiring minds...

Gord Smith

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Why WScript.CreateObject()
WSH is a scripting host for virtually any language. You can use python,
perl, rexx and xlnt with WSH. neither one of those language have a getobject
or createobjct function. You would use Wscript.createobject with on of those
languages.

--
Check it out
http://cwashington.netreach.net

Win32 bit scripting, lots of sample scripts, downloads,
referrence files, and technical support via an online discussion forum.

Quote:

>Since VBScript comes with a builtin function CreateObject(), why would you
>want to use WScript.CreateObject()?

>i.e. What are the advantages to letting the Windows Scripting Host do the
>object creation vs. the VBScript engine?

>(Since the WScript version has the 3rd parameter for event prefix, does
this
>mean that any objects created with the VBScript CreateObject aren't hooked
>up to events?)

>Inquiring minds...

>Gord Smith

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Why WScript.CreateObject()
Correct.  The WScript.CreateObject command allows for script to respond to
events the standard VBScript createobject does not

Quote:

>Since VBScript comes with a builtin function CreateObject(), why would you
>want to use WScript.CreateObject()?

>i.e. What are the advantages to letting the Windows Scripting Host do the
>object creation vs. the VBScript engine?

>(Since the WScript version has the 3rd parameter for event prefix, does
this
>mean that any objects created with the VBScript CreateObject aren't hooked
>up to events?)

>Inquiring minds...

>Gord Smith

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Why WScript.CreateObject()
I wasn't aware that there was a Rexx ActiveX Scripting engine
available.  Where can I get it?
                                                        Larry
Quote:

> WSH is a scripting host for virtually any language. You can use python,
> perl, rexx and xlnt with WSH. neither one of those language have a getobject
> or createobjct function. You would use Wscript.createobject with on of those
> languages.

> --
> Check it out
> http://cwashington.netreach.net

> Win32 bit scripting, lots of sample scripts, downloads,
> referrence files, and technical support via an online discussion forum.

> >Since VBScript comes with a builtin function CreateObject(), why would you
> >want to use WScript.CreateObject()?

> >i.e. What are the advantages to letting the Windows Scripting Host do the
> >object creation vs. the VBScript engine?

> >(Since the WScript version has the 3rd parameter for event prefix, does
> this
> >mean that any objects created with the VBScript CreateObject aren't hooked
> >up to events?)

> >Inquiring minds...

> >Gord Smith

Sun, 25 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Diff between WScript.CreateObject & CreateObject

2. WScript.CreateObject vs CreateObject

3. Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

4. Creating events with WScript.CreateObject

5. WScript.CreateObject question

6. WScript.CreateObject: Requirements for object?

7. WScript.CreateObject: requirements of object?

8. WScript.CreateObject

9. Wscript CreateObject Fails!

10. can't CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

11. Creating events with WScript.CreateObject

12. I need more infos about WScript.CreateObject()