IIS Scripting
Author Message
 IIS Scripting

I am looking into modifing the mkw3site.vbs script to create virtual
websites..

I'am having some problems..

1) How can I add multiple --hostname  entries?

2) How can I change the settings concerning: performance tuning, Execute
permissions, app. protection, ...

All help is welcome!

Greetings,
Sven.

Fri, 02 Jul 2004 23:21:53 GMT
 IIS Scripting
Here are some tips:

For multiple hostheaders you will need to modify the serverbindings
site.ServerBindings = Arr

App protection:
vDir.AppCreate2 val
INPROC = 0
OUTPROC = 1
POOLED = 2

Application permissions can be set either with the specific property name
or with the accessflags property:
Const AccessRead                = &H00000001
Const AccessWrite               = &H00000002
Const AccessExecute             = &H00000004
Const AccessSource              = &H00000010
Const AccessScript              = &H00000200

vDir.AccessFlags = 513  'this is in decimal
or
vDir.AccessScript = True
vDir.AccessRead = True

Mike Dutra
Windows Script Host Support

reserved.

--------------------

Quote:

>Subject: IIS Scripting
>Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:21:53 +0100

>I am looking into modifing the mkw3site.vbs script to create virtual
>websites..

>I'am having some problems..

>1) How can I add multiple --hostname  entries?

>2) How can I change the settings concerning: performance tuning, Execute
>permissions, app. protection, ...

>All help is welcome!

>Greetings,
>Sven.

Wed, 07 Jul 2004 01:24:38 GMT
 IIS Scripting
Thanks a lot!

Where is this documented? So I can find it myself :)

Sven

Quote:
> Here are some tips:

> For multiple hostheaders you will need to modify the serverbindings
> site.ServerBindings = Arr

> App protection:
> vDir.AppCreate2 val
> INPROC = 0
> OUTPROC = 1
> POOLED = 2

> Application permissions can be set either with the specific property name
> or with the accessflags property:
> Const AccessRead = &H00000001
> Const AccessWrite = &H00000002
> Const AccessExecute = &H00000004
> Const AccessSource = &H00000010
> Const AccessScript = &H00000200

> vDir.AccessFlags = 513  'this is in decimal
> or
> vDir.AccessScript = True
> vDir.AccessRead = True

> Mike Dutra
> Windows Script Host Support

rights.
> You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.

> --------------------

> >Subject: IIS Scripting
> >Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:21:53 +0100

> >I am looking into modifing the mkw3site.vbs script to create virtual
> >websites..

> >I'am having some problems..

> >1) How can I add multiple --hostname  entries?

> >2) How can I change the settings concerning: performance tuning, Execute
> >permissions, app. protection, ...

> >All help is welcome!

> >Greetings,
> >Sven.

Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:08:26 GMT
 IIS Scripting
Most of the information is found in MSDN. Here is the url that the
information is linked from:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/iisr...

Mike Dutra [MS]
Windows Script Host Support

You assume all risk for your use.

--------------------

Quote:

>Subject: Re: IIS Scripting
>Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:08:26 +0100

>Thanks a lot!

>Where is this documented? So I can find it myself :)

>Sven

>> Here are some tips:

>> For multiple hostheaders you will need to modify the serverbindings
>> site.ServerBindings = Arr

>> App protection:
>> vDir.AppCreate2 val
>> INPROC = 0
>> OUTPROC = 1
>> POOLED = 2

>> Application permissions can be set either with the specific property name
>> or with the accessflags property:
>> Const AccessRead = &H00000001
>> Const AccessWrite = &H00000002
>> Const AccessExecute = &H00000004
>> Const AccessSource = &H00000010
>> Const AccessScript = &H00000200

>> vDir.AccessFlags = 513  'this is in decimal
>> or
>> vDir.AccessScript = True
>> vDir.AccessRead = True

>> Mike Dutra
>> Windows Script Host Support

>rights.
>> You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All
rights
>> reserved.

>> --------------------

>> >Subject: IIS Scripting
>> >Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:21:53 +0100

>> >I am looking into modifing the mkw3site.vbs script to create virtual
>> >websites..

>> >I'am having some problems..

>> >1) How can I add multiple --hostname  entries?

>> >2) How can I change the settings concerning: performance tuning, Execute
>> >permissions, app. protection, ...

>> >All help is welcome!

>> >Greetings,
>> >Sven.

Mon, 19 Jul 2004 22:46:46 GMT

1. Importing server certifcates from IIS 4 to IIS 5 by using some scritps or tool

2. restart IIS and MTS from a script.

3. VB script for NT/IIS Administration

4. changing default value for running scripts on IIS

5. v 5.5 scripting engines and old IIS versions

6. scripts for IIS and ADSI

7. Scripting removal of application mappings in IIS

8. create a file type for a virtual directory in IIS using a command line script

9. Script or IIS Error and HELP

10. Client side script can't use fso from IIS

11. Script and Events in IIS v5.0?

12. IIS webitem not recognizing server script