Not Working(file saved as *.vbs)
Author Message
 Not Working(file saved as *.vbs)

I'm new to the WSH. I wrote a simple piece of vb code :
Sub firsttest
MsgBox "Hello"
End Sub
Saved this Notepad file as MyTest.vbs. Double clicked it
and...Nothing...????
I downloaded and installed the lates version of the WSH from Microsoft.  How
do I get going with the WSH.  I know some VB code (VBA actually)  but Do I
make it work in WINDOWS 2000?

Fri, 18 Apr 2003 13:28:30 GMT
 Not Working(file saved as *.vbs)
You need to call the sub

try putting in
test()

on the outside of the sub, either above it or below it, NOT in it.

So basically, you have a sub the does something, the next step is, is to
invoke that something by calling it...ie test()

Aaron

Quote:

> I'm new to the WSH. I wrote a simple piece of vb code :
> Sub firsttest
> MsgBox "Hello"
> End Sub
> Saved this Notepad file as MyTest.vbs. Double clicked it
> and...Nothing...????
> I downloaded and installed the lates version of the WSH from Microsoft.
How
> do I get going with the WSH.  I know some VB code (VBA actually)  but Do I
> make it work in WINDOWS 2000?

Fri, 18 Apr 2003 13:34:28 GMT

1. win2k resource kit VBS files do not work with WMI or WBEM

2. Still not working (*vbs files) NEW to VBScript

3. onload vbs not working on website

4. vbs code to toggle Registry setting not working

5. Sending MAPI message works from .vbs, but not in ASP

6. Works as VBS but not in HTM page

7. VBA Script works but VBS Does not

8. Help...Why my vbs not working Properly.

9. VBS scripts not working

10. ByRef not working in WSH/VBS

11. Works in VBS, why not JS?!

12. .vbs file to play a .wav if file size does not equal 0