Time synchronize with WSH under NT4
Author Message
 Time synchronize with WSH under NT4

How can i synchronise the time using WSH, i know how to do it with a batch
file (net time \\sbserver /set /yes), but i am now moving from batch file
logins to vbs script file logins. How can i do it with vbs script & WSH?

I am running NT4 server and w98 se workstations

Any help much appreciated

--

JJ Steelworks P/L
CAD Computer Operator / Network Administrator

Sat, 30 Jul 2005 08:02:27 GMT
 Time synchronize with WSH under NT4

Quote:

> How can i synchronise the time using WSH, i know how to do it with a batch
> file (net time \\sbserver /set /yes), but i am now moving from batch file
> logins to vbs script file logins. How can i do it with vbs script & WSH?

> I am running NT4 server and w98 se workstations

Hi

Nothing built-in for this in WSH. I would have done this from a VBScript:

Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
oShell.Run "net time \\sbserver /set /yes", 0, True

The 0 will hide the command prompt from being viewed.

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and a ONLINE version of the 1328 page

Sat, 30 Jul 2005 08:10:32 GMT

1. synchronize time

2. synchronize time with server when log to network

3. How to synchronize the network time ?

4. How to synchronize date and time in log on script

5. Logon Script - Synchronizing Time with a Nt 4.0 PDC

6. Synchronizing time with my PDC

7. how synchronize NT Domain using wsh ?

8. after installing WSH on NT4, WSH won`t work

9. Cannot synchronize with WSH Exec method

10. Adding Zones and records to the NT4 Dns Server using WSH

11. HOWTO: Enumerate servers in a NT4 domain from WSH

12. VB5 NT4 ADO recordset WSH type mismatch - a note