Wscript Error Message
Author Message
 Wscript Error Message

When running a script I downloaded off the net, I get the following message
after the script runs.
The script in question access the registry, but other than that is
relatively benign.

WSCRIPT caused an invalid page fault in
module <unknown> at 0000:7097bc3b.

PS:  It runs successfully, then crashes

Does anybody have any ideas about the cause and prevention

Thanks in advance

Corey Hooge

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Wscript Error Message

Hard to say (make that impossible ;-) without seeing the code...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft MVP - Scripting

"It always helps to read the documentation..."

Quote:
> When running a script I downloaded off the net, I get the following message
> after the script runs.
> The script in question access the registry, but other than that is
> relatively benign.

> WSCRIPT caused an invalid page fault in
> module <unknown> at 0000:7097bc3b.

> PS:  It runs successfully, then crashes

> Does anybody have any ideas about the cause and prevention

> Thanks in advance

> Corey Hooge

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Wscript Error Message

Ian,

See the other 2 threads on this: "WScript Error...#2 and #3"...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> What OS are you using?
> There used to be a problem on 95/98 with OLE Automation. Installing the DCOM
> update fixed this. http://www.microsoft.com/com in the downloads section.

> Regards,
> Ian
> Senior Consultant       | MSDN Regional Director
> ADV E-Commerce    | Windows Script FAQ
> Advantage Group       | http://www.windows-script.com

> > Hard to say (make that impossible ;-) without seeing the code...

> > --
> > Michael Harris
> > Microsoft MVP - Scripting

> > "It always helps to read the documentation..."

> > > When running a script I downloaded off the net, I get the following
> message
> > > after the script runs.
> > > The script in question access the registry, but other than that is
> > > relatively benign.

> > > WSCRIPT caused an invalid page fault in
> > > module <unknown> at 0000:7097bc3b.

> > > PS:  It runs successfully, then crashes

> > > Does anybody have any ideas about the cause and prevention

> > > Thanks in advance

> > > Corey Hooge

Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Wscript Error Message
What OS are you using?
There used to be a problem on 95/98 with OLE Automation. Installing the DCOM
update fixed this. http://www.microsoft.com/com in the downloads section.

Regards,
Ian
Senior Consultant       | MSDN Regional Director
ADV E-Commerce    | Windows Script FAQ
Advantage Group       | http://www.windows-script.com

Quote:
> Hard to say (make that impossible ;-) without seeing the code...

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft MVP - Scripting

> "It always helps to read the documentation..."

> > When running a script I downloaded off the net, I get the following
message
> > after the script runs.
> > The script in question access the registry, but other than that is
> > relatively benign.

> > WSCRIPT caused an invalid page fault in
> > module <unknown> at 0000:7097bc3b.

> > PS:  It runs successfully, then crashes

> > Does anybody have any ideas about the cause and prevention

> > Thanks in advance

> > Corey Hooge

Fri, 31 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Wscript Error Message #2

2. Sending HTML In Body of Outlook Message using VBSCRIPT (WSCRIPT)

3. WScript.exe - Application Error

4. WScript error

5. Help in JavaScript Error WScript is not an Object

6. Newbie: WScript.Shell Error

7. Wierd WScript error

8. WScript.Sleep error in ASP page

9. WScript.Shell Error

10. wscript.timeout causes Out Of Memory error?!?

11. Error: object required: 'WScript'

12. Error with WScript.Shell in ASP