Newbie Question on CreateObject errors
Author Message
 Newbie Question on CreateObject errors

I have the following setup

NT 4.0 w/ Sp3 adn IE 4.01 w/ Sp1
ADSI and WSH

Every time I run a script with 'WScript.CreateObject' or 'CreateObject' in
it I get the following error.
(ActiveX component can't create object: 'CreateObject')
or
(ActiveX component can't create object: 'WScript.CreateObject')

I get these errors from the below script as well as others

Dim IPSocket
Set IPSocket = CreateObject("MSWinsock.Winsock")
IPAddress = IPSocket.LocalIP
MsgBox "Local IP = " & IPAddress

Am I missing something?  Also, could you point me to someplace that has
non-microsoft documentation on WSH.

Thanks for any help!
Carl

Mon, 05 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie Question on CreateObject errors
Make sure you have the MsWinsock control installed on your system. If its
not installed you will not be able to create the object
("MSWinsock.Winsock").

--
Check it out
http://cwashington.netreach.net

Win32 bit scripting, lots of sample scripts, downloads,
reference files, and technical support via an online discussion forum.

Quote:

>I have the following setup

>NT 4.0 w/ Sp3 adn IE 4.01 w/ Sp1
>ADSI and WSH

>Every time I run a script with 'WScript.CreateObject' or 'CreateObject' in
>it I get the following error.
>(ActiveX component can't create object: 'CreateObject')
>or
>(ActiveX component can't create object: 'WScript.CreateObject')

>I get these errors from the below script as well as others

>Dim IPSocket
>Set IPSocket = CreateObject("MSWinsock.Winsock")
>IPAddress = IPSocket.LocalIP
>MsgBox "Local IP = " & IPAddress

>Am I missing something?  Also, could you point me to someplace that has
>non-microsoft documentation on WSH.

>Thanks for any help!
>Carl

Mon, 05 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie Question on CreateObject errors

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie Questions - Array() - ASP Runtime Errors

2. "Undefined" Error - Newbie question

3. Newbie Question: VBScript Error handling and Session Timeout

4. Sleep error - Newbie question

5. newbie error question

6. Newbie: Problem with CreateObject

7. Newbie question: Session_OnEnd question

8. Server.CreateObject error

9. CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Error

10. Error with CreateObject/GetObject

11. Error from CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

12. Server.CreateObject Error