WSHNetwork.Username
Author Message
 WSHNetwork.Username

Hi, i have this problem:
I would like to use WSHNetwork.UserName, but if the login name is
without a space in the middle (Like "Guest" or "Administrator" or
"Install"), it works fine, but if the Username is with space in the
middle (because our logins are "LastName FirstName" (for Ex. "Peschier
Giorgio"), the cscript and the wscript get an error, in italian it say
"Area Dati passata al sistema troppo piccola" (work area to little).
Why???

Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 WSHNetwork.Username
Hi there,

Oddly enough, this is the second time I've run into a report of this bug
today.

That's a known bug in the networking code -- it also fails if the user name
is more than 15 characters long.  The operating system team is aware of the
problem, but I have no idea what their schedule is like as far as fixing
this one goes.  But rest assured that top minds are on it.  :-)

Eric

Quote:
>Hi, i have this problem:
>I would like to use WSHNetwork.UserName, but if the login name is
>without a space in the middle (Like "Guest" or "Administrator" or
>"Install"), it works fine, but if the Username is with space in the
>middle (because our logins are "LastName FirstName" (for Ex. "Peschier
>Giorgio"), the cscript and the wscript get an error, in italian it say
>"Area Dati passata al sistema troppo piccola" (work area to little).
>Why???

Sun, 25 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. WshNetwork.UserName not present in Win9x Login Script

2. Having trouble with that WSHNetwork.UserName logon script bug

3. WSHNetwork.UserName

4. WSHNetwork.USerName not working during logon script

5. WSHNetwork.UserName samples

6. How do I get wshNetwork.UserName within a Windows 95 logon script

7. Win9x and WshNetwork.Username

8. win98 and wshnetwork.username

9. WshNetwork.Username in win98 returns faulty info

10. wshNetwork.UserName fails at Logon:

11. LOGON_USER returns DOMAIN/username instead of only username

12. WSHNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection and Windows 95