ADSI ADO - Open fail with "name limit of network adapter exceeded"
Author Message
 ADSI ADO - Open fail with "name limit of network adapter exceeded"

Hi guys,

Using ADSI v2.0 through ADO on an WinNT Server 4 with SP4 installed, we get
the error "The name limit of the local computer network adapter card was
exceeded" during connect to Exchange in an ASP script under IIS4.0.

We thought we could just change the buffers to the network adapter.
No luck. Tried this on two different machines (different network card but
same
OS, SP, Exchange, IIS4.0 etc.).

Tips anyone how to get the ASP script working, eh?

Greetings,
two students at Univ of Troms?,
Krister and Sveinar

group).

Thanks in advance!

Tue, 15 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ADSI ADO - Open fail with "name limit of network adapter exceeded"
This one is bizarre. The Exchange LDAP server has a limit on the query
result size and if you make an LDAP query whose results are too big, it
simply gives up. Unfortunately, the ADSI designers decided to convert this
into a similar, but different, error code which displays as "The name limit
of the local computer network adapter card was exceeded". Stupid. It is
*nothing* to do with the network adaptor.

Reconfigure LDAP server on exchange to raise this limit (ask Exchange
administrator) or re-write the LDAP query to request the names in smaller
chunks (if appropriate).

Rob Burbidge

Quote:

>Hi guys,

>Using ADSI v2.0 through ADO on an WinNT Server 4 with SP4 installed, we get
>the error "The name limit of the local computer network adapter card was
>exceeded" during connect to Exchange in an ASP script under IIS4.0.

>We thought we could just change the buffers to the network adapter.
>No luck. Tried this on two different machines (different network card but
>same
>OS, SP, Exchange, IIS4.0 etc.).

>Tips anyone how to get the ASP script working, eh?

>Greetings,
>two students at Univ of Troms?,
>Krister and Sveinar

>group).

>Thanks in advance!

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CreateObject("adodb.connection ") fails

2. Error "IWshShell2 failed" Please help

3. WshShell.Run "path with spaces" fails

4. "Net join" fails

5. ADO querry using "ADsDSOObject" in VBScript

6. ASP ADSI "GENERAL ACCESS DENIED"???

7. ADO Results "randomly" not being returned

8. ADSI:Getting error on CreateObject("ADsSecurity")

9. ADSI: User properties "Terminal server profile"

10. ADSI "session" object

11. ADSI "WinNT:" object model

12. ADO "RecordsAffected" parameter not returned