RegRead Question
Author Message
 RegRead Question

I just started looking into the WSH and have a script I would like to setup.
With the release of NT 4.0 SP4, I want to get hotfix information from all of
the servers I manage. I know where this information is in the registry, but
an not clear on how to display these keys.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT 4.0\hotfix
(I think, I don't have an NT system in front of me right now :-).

The keys in here match the Q articles for the various hotfixes. I would like
to echo these keys to a TXT file.

I am trying this in JScript, and not having a great deal of luck. I was a
little disapointed to see the registry example script only covered RegWrite
and RegDelete. Any example of RegRead out there?

Thanks!
-Al

Wed, 07 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 RegRead Question
There are plenty of examples using the regread functions of WSH on my site.
Look in the VBScripts section.

--
Check it out
http://cwashington.netreach.net

Win32 bit scripting, lots of sample scripts, downloads,
reference files, and technical support via an online discussion forum.

Quote:

>I just started looking into the WSH and have a script I would like to
setup.
>With the release of NT 4.0 SP4, I want to get hotfix information from all
of
>the servers I manage. I know where this information is in the registry, but
>an not clear on how to display these keys.

>HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT 4.0\hotfix
>(I think, I don't have an NT system in front of me right now :-).

>The keys in here match the Q articles for the various hotfixes. I would
like
>to echo these keys to a TXT file.

>I am trying this in JScript, and not having a great deal of luck. I was a
>little disapointed to see the registry example script only covered RegWrite
>and RegDelete. Any example of RegRead out there?

>Thanks!
>-Al

Wed, 07 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 RegRead Question
This is an example that finds the install path for WinZip

On Error Resume Next
Set WSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
strKey = "HKCR\WinZip\shell\open\command\"
strZipPath=WSHShell.regRead(strKey)
strZipPath=Left(strZipPath, Instr(strZipPath, " "))
WSHShell.popup strZipPath

Ian Morrish
WSH FAQ http://wsh.glazier.co.nz
Home page http://www.glazier.co.nz
NetMeeting http://ils.glazier.co.nz

Quote:

>I just started looking into the WSH and have a script I would like to
setup.
>With the release of NT 4.0 SP4, I want to get hotfix information from all
of
>the servers I manage. I know where this information is in the registry, but
>an not clear on how to display these keys.

>HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT 4.0\hotfix
>(I think, I don't have an NT system in front of me right now :-).

>The keys in here match the Q articles for the various hotfixes. I would
like
>to echo these keys to a TXT file.

>I am trying this in JScript, and not having a great deal of luck. I was a
>little disapointed to see the registry example script only covered RegWrite
>and RegDelete. Any example of RegRead out there?

>Thanks!
>-Al

Thu, 08 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. RegRead question

2. RegRead Question.

3. RegRead question :)

4. RegRead question

5. RegRead and RegWrite Question

6. RegRead() limitations

7. RegRead + try...catch problem

8. RegRead

9. regread on a binary value

10. Regread

11. Data type of DWORD value read with .RegRead

12. RegRead seems to delete value!?