Error msg when running Cscript
Author Message
 Error msg when running Cscript

Hi!

When I run Cscript.exe (without any parameters) from a commandprompt I get
the following error on some machines:

"CScript Error: Loading your settings failed. (Access is denied.)"

Any ideas?

Regards
Tomas Soderbergh
IBM Sweden

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 21:00:59 GMT
 Error msg when running Cscript

That error message generally means you either don't have read permissions
for HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings or the equivalent
key in HKCU. You need to be able to read both of those to run WSH.

Mike Whalen
Windows Script Dev

Quote:
> Hi!

> When I run Cscript.exe (without any parameters) from a commandprompt I get
> the following error on some machines:

> "CScript Error: Loading your settings failed. (Access is denied.)"

> Any ideas?

> Regards
> Tomas Soderbergh
> IBM Sweden

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 02:36:09 GMT

1. Error Msg

2. HELP- ghostscript couldn't start with a fatal error msg

3. bWaitOnReturn redux: I have the error msg

4. Running cscript via bat or scheduler

5. setting a vbs script to run under cscript

6. how to run vbs from asp (via cscript.exe)

7. Running cscript from GPO Login Policy

8. Running PKZip fails from within VBS through Cscript.exe

9. Running a CScript without a command prompt being created

10. running cscript.exe in silent mode?

11. Running cscript.exe and wscript.exe from the floppy drive

12. Running VB Script code on WSH using cscript on win NT