WSH Settings File and Script Engine
Author Message
 WSH Settings File and Script Engine

I have been using a wscript settings file (.wsh) inconjunction with my
.wsf file. In the past I have been able to double-click the .wsh file
(or run it from a shortcut i.e. wscript xxx.wsh). Now when I
double-click it I get the Windows Script Host message:

' There is no script engine for file extension ".wsh" '.

I have checked the file association is setup and opens using Wscript.exe
(and in the same way as the .wsf file).

Does anyone know whats missing / needed to re-enable this or why there
appears to be no script engine (double-clicking the .wsf file to run it
still works ok)? Thanks.

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 WSH Settings File and Script Engine
Are you running the WSH 5.6 beta 1?  If so it seems that there is a problem in general with *.wsh
file.  I can't create one (I don't have any existing .wsh files on my NT box)- the properties dialog
of script extensions doesn't have the Script property page...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I have been using a wscript settings file (.wsh) inconjunction with my
> .wsf file. In the past I have been able to double-click the .wsh file
> (or run it from a shortcut i.e. wscript xxx.wsh). Now when I
> double-click it I get the Windows Script Host message:

> ' There is no script engine for file extension ".wsh" '.

> I have checked the file association is setup and opens using Wscript.exe
> (and in the same way as the .wsf file).

> Does anyone know whats missing / needed to re-enable this or why there
> appears to be no script engine (double-clicking the .wsf file to run it
> still works ok)? Thanks.

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 WSH Settings File and Script Engine
Well, on my Win98 box I have a few .wsh files and the execute OK with WSH 5.6 beta 1.  I can display
the properties dialog that has the script tab for *.wsh, but I can't create a new *wsh file on Win98
either...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup...

> Are you running the WSH 5.6 beta 1?  If so it seems that there is a problem in general with *.wsh
> file.  I can't create one (I don't have any existing .wsh files on my NT box)- the properties
dialog
> of script extensions doesn't have the Script property page...

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
> --

> > I have been using a wscript settings file (.wsh) inconjunction with my
> > .wsf file. In the past I have been able to double-click the .wsh file
> > (or run it from a shortcut i.e. wscript xxx.wsh). Now when I
> > double-click it I get the Windows Script Host message:

> > ' There is no script engine for file extension ".wsh" '.

> > I have checked the file association is setup and opens using Wscript.exe
> > (and in the same way as the .wsf file).

> > Does anyone know whats missing / needed to re-enable this or why there
> > appears to be no script engine (double-clicking the .wsf file to run it
> > still works ok)? Thanks.

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. IE Registry settings to find scripting engine?

2. problems with Access jet engine, Vbscript, wsh script - help

3. Tcl WSH Scripting Engine

4. There is no script engine for file extension .vbs

5. Setting Client Time with WSH in logon script

6. WScript Error: There is no script engine for file extension .VBS

7. a script to change network settings using WSH and JS

8. setting local computer policy settings with WSH?

9. Change IP Settings in WSH Script

10. Setting date with wsh script

11. Registering file extension with script engine

12. Multiple-Engine Support in Windows script (.wsf) file