Regread with Backslash
Author Message
 Regread with Backslash

How can I read a value from a registry string wich itself contains one
(or more) Backslashes i.e. string \Device\Parallel0 under
HKLM\Hardware\Devicemap\Parallel Ports ?

Thanks in advance!

Fri, 29 Aug 2003 00:56:24 GMT
 Regread with Backslash
1) Use RegEdit to export to a temp.reg file that you then read/parse...

2) Use a 3rd party registry component (like RegObj.dll) that cane read named values that contain
"\".

3) Install WMI 1.5 and use the StdRegProv (Standard Registry Provider) methods...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> How can I read a value from a registry string wich itself contains one
> (or more) Backslashes i.e. string \Device\Parallel0 under
> HKLM\Hardware\Devicemap\Parallel Ports ?

> Thanks in advance!

Fri, 29 Aug 2003 06:28:52 GMT

1. Stop backslash behaving as the escape character

2. Backslash disapears

3. getting to read the backslash

4. Backslash problems - help!

5. How to print backslash?

6. Reading registry values containing a backslash (\)

7. double backslashes

8. Slash/Backslash, Absolute/Relative Path in FSO

9. using Registry functions on valuenames with backslashes?

10. Using Backslash with RegWrite

11. Backslashes

12. escaping backslashes