info for IE 6.0 objects
Author Message
 info for IE 6.0 objects

i searched through previous posts and downloaded the OLE viewer everyone
suggests. i'm looking for info regarding how to use the viewer. what i'm
trying to make is a VBS script to logon to my hotmail account and send
me a test email. i'm trying to find a way to do this without running the
browser GUI.

greg

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 22:21:19 GMT
 info for IE 6.0 objects
This will be hard as Hotmail requires Passport authentication. Just look at
all the url changes in your browser status window when you logon to Hotmail.

Quote:

> i searched through previous posts and downloaded the OLE viewer everyone
> suggests. i'm looking for info regarding how to use the viewer. what i'm
> trying to make is a VBS script to logon to my hotmail account and send
> me a test email. i'm trying to find a way to do this without running the
> browser GUI.

> greg

Wed, 07 Jul 2004 05:02:37 GMT
 info for IE 6.0 objects

Quote:
> This will be hard as Hotmail requires Passport authentication. Just
look at
> all the url changes in your browser status window when you logon to
Hotmail.

> > i searched through previous posts and downloaded the OLE viewer
everyone
> > suggests. i'm looking for info regarding how to use the viewer.
what i'm
> > trying to make is a VBS script to logon to my hotmail account and
send
> > me a test email. i'm trying to find a way to do this without
running the
> > browser GUI.

> > greg

Ditto on what Ian says; there is a chance you will also run afoul of
prompted saves of your  password, etc.

Here is a script that *should* get you through the first part of the
process, though.  Should it work for you, when you are finally logged
in you will need to put togehter the process for switching to
composition and sending a message by trial and error.

Some hints on this if you aren't familiar with what to do...

(1) To navigate around the browser using a script, you can do pretty
much everything with Sendkeys using TAB, " " (space), and ENTER.  I
advise having a fractional delay befor each new key sequence to make
sure you don't trip over yourself.

(2) Whenever doing a browser navigation (either directly or by
pressing a key which results in page change or update), you will want
to do something like-
Do Until Browser.ReadyState = 4:WScript.Sleep 10 : Loop
This allows the browser to finish what it is doing before you start
the next sequence of activity.

================================

'Constants
strUser = "myusername"
strDomain = "m"  'set to "m" for msn.com, to "h" for hotmail.com
strPassword = "mypassword"

Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Set Browser = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

'Go to Hotmail
Browser.Navigate "http://www.hotmail.com"
'Wait until the browser is done
Do Until Browser.ReadyState = 4:WScript.Sleep 10 : Loop
Browser.Visible = True

' Enter Login-Name
objShell.SendKeys strUser
   wscript.sleep 125
 ' Tab to domain field
objShell.SendKeys "{TAB}"
   wscript.sleep 125
objShell.SendKeys strDomain
   wscript.sleep 125
   'tab to password field
objShell.SendKeys "{TAB}"
   wscript.sleep 125
   'select all in password field and delete it in case there is a
default entry
   objShell.SendKeys "%a"
      wscript.sleep 125
objShell.SendKeys "{DEL}"
   wscript.sleep 125
' ...and enter the password
objShell.SendKeys strPassword
   wscript.sleep 125
  ' jump to enter button
objShell.SendKeys "{TAB}"
   wscript.sleep 125
   'push button to log in
objShell.SendKeys " "

'Wait until the browser is done
Do Until Browser.ReadyState = 4:WScript.Sleep 10 : Loop

' You are on your own after this....

Thu, 08 Jul 2004 00:03:21 GMT
 info for IE 6.0 objects

thanks Alex!

this is the way i was intending to do it.
i am running into trouble with the entering of the password.
if i run the script as you have done, no problem.
when i enter the following code after yours it's as if instead of Tabing
to "Sign-In" i'm Tabing five times to the "Public/Shared
computer(Increased Security) hyperlink :

' Tab to Compose email
objShell.SendKeys "{TAB 4}"
   wscript.sleep 125
objShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"
   wscript.sleep 125
Do Until Browser.ReadyState = 4:WScript.Sleep 10 : Loop
' Tab to "To:" field
objShell.SendKeys "{TAB 2}"
   wscript.sleep 125
objShell.SendKeys strTo
   wscript.sleep 125
' Tab to "Subject" field
objShell.SendKeys "{TAB 3}"
   wscript.sleep 125
objShell.SendKeys strSubject
   wscript.sleep 125
' Tab to "Body" field
objShell.SendKeys "{TAB 3}"
   wscript.sleep 125
objShell.SendKeys strBody
   wscript.sleep 125
' Tab to "Send"
objShell.SendKeys "{TAB}"
   wscript.sleep 125
objShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"
   wscript.sleep 125
Do Until Browser.ReadyState = 4:WScript.Sleep 10 : Loop
objShell.SendKeys "%{F4}"
   wscript.sleep 125
Wscript.Echo ("Receive_email Test Complete!")

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 08:09:07 GMT
 info for IE 6.0 objects

got it to work.

just needed it to sleep longer before TABing to Compose, about  5
seconds did the trick.
i just can't seem to get the window to close.
i put this line at the end and it doesn't work:

objShell.SendKeys "%{F4}"

i thought this is the equivelant to ALT+F4

any suggestions?

greg

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 12:02:28 GMT
 info for IE 6.0 objects
Add this line to close it when you're done.

Browser.Quit

---------------------------------

Quote:

> got it to work.

> just needed it to sleep longer before TABing to Compose, about  5
> seconds did the trick.
> i just can't seem to get the window to close.
> i put this line at the end and it doesn't work:

> objShell.SendKeys "%{F4}"

> i thought this is the equivelant to ALT+F4

> any suggestions?

> greg

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 04:56:31 GMT
 info for IE 6.0 objects
And, FYI - if you go to the MSDN online docs at
http://msdn.microsoft.com
and do a search on the InternetExplorer object, you should be able to
find fairly complete references on the methods and properties
available with it - this will allow you to do quite a few nifty
things.

Quote:

> got it to work.

> just needed it to sleep longer before TABing to Compose, about  5
> seconds did the trick.
> i just can't seem to get the window to close.
> i put this line at the end and it doesn't work:

> objShell.SendKeys "%{F4}"

> i thought this is the equivelant to ALT+F4

> any suggestions?

> greg

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 05:05:26 GMT
 info for IE 6.0 objects

will check that link out...thanks Alex ...again!

any suggestions on using and getting info on the OLEview.exe
OLE viewer that everyone here talks about. i browsed through it and it
looks great, not sure where to begin.

any links or docs on that?

greg\

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 05:17:08 GMT
 info for IE 6.0 objects
thanks Alex!
i figured that one out during lunch today...thanks though.
hopefully this is my last question(s).
i tried setting "Browser.Visible = False" so i wouldn't see the GUI, but
that doesn't seem to let the script work.
also i have another script that i want to run before this script. i
wanted a Popup method message to give me the choice of "OK" or "Cancel"
if it is OK the next script begins, if its Cancel i wanted it to quit. i
know how to do this using the example MS gives for the Popup Method for
WSH 5.6 but it's for JS i'm using VBS any info?

thanks again,

greg

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 05:17:09 GMT
 info for IE 6.0 objects
Check the MsgBox documentation; MsgBox is the VBScript version of
alert.

What you really want is the following link - it's the WSH 5.6 docs and
you willfind them very handy.
Watch for URL wrap!

http://download.microsoft.com/download/winscript56/Install/5.6/W982KMe
XP/EN-US/scrdoc56en.exe

Also, you might want to consider looking at AutoItX; it has some nice
bells and whistles for this kind of thing.  If you are using this as a
"portable" script, though, it might e a little problematic since you
would have to install the AutoItX controls everywhere you go.

 http://www.hiddensoft.com/AutoIt/index2.html

Quote:
> thanks Alex!
> i figured that one out during lunch today...thanks though.
> hopefully this is my last question(s).
> i tried setting "Browser.Visible = False" so i wouldn't see the GUI,
but
> that doesn't seem to let the script work.
> also i have another script that i want to run before this script. i
> wanted a Popup method message to give me the choice of "OK" or
"Cancel"
> if it is OK the next script begins, if its Cancel i wanted it to
quit. i
> know how to do this using the example MS gives for the Popup Method
for
> WSH 5.6 but it's for JS i'm using VBS any info?

> thanks again,

> greg

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 06:30:24 GMT
 info for IE 6.0 objects

alex,
downloaded the WSH 5.6 documentation...looks good.
checked out the AutoItx stuff...looks good, but i'm making my scripts to
teach me VBS type stuff, not out of necessity for work project, so i
have time to learn...no rush
as for the MSDN serch on "Internet.Explorer object" ...let down big
time....what a load of junk that search engine is....put of all that's
out there you would think there would be some definitive explanation of
common objects like IE.  i found a couple but they are very thin :

1)The Internet Explorer Object model - good but too short and for ver.
3.0
2)An Extended Object Map of IE 4.01 - shows diagrams but no explanations
of objects

does anyone know of any links that explicitly state application objects
such as IE 6.0?  what if i was a developer, what path does one take to
find out properties and objects of an application they want to integrate
in their VBS script? i find it amazing that this is so utterly obscure.

greg

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 00:29:07 GMT
 info for IE 6.0 objects
I found what you want - but it's a BIG download (over 20 MB).

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/platformsdk/feb2001/common/help/inet.
chm
AND
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/platformsdk/feb2001/common/help/inet.
chi
(this is the index)

This is a fast, fairly complete ref to objects,elements, properties
and methods for IE and the DOM - kind of.  I'm a bit fuzzy on a good
description myself since I haven't been working with either HTML or
scripting IE for very long.

Quote:

> alex,
> downloaded the WSH 5.6 documentation...looks good.
> checked out the AutoItx stuff...looks good, but i'm making my
scripts to
> teach me VBS type stuff, not out of necessity for work project, so i
> have time to learn...no rush
> as for the MSDN serch on "Internet.Explorer object" ...let down big
> time....what a load of junk that search engine is....put of all
that's
> out there you would think there would be some definitive explanation
of
> common objects like IE.  i found a couple but they are very thin :

> 1)The Internet Explorer Object model - good but too short and for
ver.
> 3.0
> 2)An Extended Object Map of IE 4.01 - shows diagrams but no
explanations
> of objects

> does anyone know of any links that explicitly state application
objects
> such as IE 6.0?  what if i was a developer, what path does one take
> find out properties and objects of an application they want to
integrate
> in their VBS script? i find it amazing that this is so utterly
obscure.

> greg

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 02:58:41 GMT
 info for IE 6.0 objects
thanks again Alex,

i tried to go there but i couldn't anonymously log in to the ftp site.
as usual per microsoft, i'm sure i could waste half of the day trying to
find this on their site by manually searching.  thanks for the
info...sounds like what i'm looking for.

greg

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 03:37:17 GMT
 info for IE 6.0 objects
Platform SDK Update (Internet Development SDK)
http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/

You used to be able to order the full Platform SDK for a nominal shipping/handling fee from

Microsoft Developer Store
http://developerstore.com/

but the site is not currently available (maybe pending a .NET makeover?)...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> thanks again Alex,

> i tried to go there but i couldn't anonymously log in to the ftp site.
> as usual per microsoft, i'm sure i could waste half of the day trying to
> find this on their site by manually searching.  thanks for the
> info...sounds like what i'm looking for.

> greg

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 04:31:48 GMT
 info for IE 6.0 objects
InternetExplorer
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/browser/w...

SDK Documentation (DHTML References)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dh...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> alex,
> downloaded the WSH 5.6 documentation...looks good.
> checked out the AutoItx stuff...looks good, but i'm making my scripts to
> teach me VBS type stuff, not out of necessity for work project, so i
> have time to learn...no rush
> as for the MSDN serch on "Internet.Explorer object" ...let down big
> time....what a load of junk that search engine is....put of all that's
> out there you would think there would be some definitive explanation of
> common objects like IE.  i found a couple but they are very thin :

> 1)The Internet Explorer Object model - good but too short and for ver.
> 3.0
> 2)An Extended Object Map of IE 4.01 - shows diagrams but no explanations
> of objects

> does anyone know of any links that explicitly state application objects
> such as IE 6.0?  what if i was a developer, what path does one take to
> find out properties and objects of an application they want to integrate
> in their VBS script? i find it amazing that this is so utterly obscure.

> greg

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 04:48:29 GMT

 [ 26 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. VBScript OBJECTs not appearing in IE 6.0

2. Active X controls not working in IE 5.5 but works in IE 6.0

3. IE 55 sp2 and IE 6.0

4. IE 5.0 / IE 6.0 Question

5. IE object info needed

6. VBSCRIPT function - window_onload in IE 6.0 SP1

7. flickers / jerks in IE 6.0 using DSO

8. "Permission Denied Error" in IE 6.0

9. Help !! I am using IE 6.0

10. IE 6.0 Preview & WSH

11. IE 6.0 window.print bug?

12. Are there new instructions in JScript to manipulate IE 6.0