WSH2 beta bug? debugger breakpoints
Author Message
 WSH2 beta bug? debugger breakpoints

Is it just me?

Under WSH2 beta, whenever I use the new option to start in the de{*filter*} (//X), I can't set breakpoints where I want, only toggle the breakpoint on the first script line.  The same is true if you enable debugging only (//D) and throw in a stop statement.  No matter where the insertion point is, toggling the breakpoint affects only the first line.

--
Michael Harris

Tue, 30 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 WSH2 beta bug? debugger breakpoints

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 WSH2 beta bug? debugger breakpoints

Andrew,

I can repro reliably on 2 different boxes (NT4sp4 and Win98)...

--
Michael Harris

Has anyone else seen this?  I can't repro this at the moment

--

Regards

Andrew Clinick
Windows Script Program Manager
http://www.*-*-*.com/

  Is it just me?

  Under WSH2 beta, whenever I use the new option to start in the de{*filter*} (//X), I can't set breakpoints where I want, only toggle the breakpoint on the first script line.  The same is true if you enable debugging only (//D) and throw in a stop statement.  No matter where the insertion point is, toggling the breakpoint affects only the first line.

  --
  Michael Harris

Sat, 03 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 WSH2 beta bug? debugger breakpoints

I can repro this Andrew. I see similar problems with the VID de{*filter*}, as well. I'm working on it.

Cheers,
  Mike Whalen
  Windows Script Dev

[...]

Can't ask for more than that.  You'll all be pleased to know that the bug was fixed on Tuesday and will be in the next beta

--

[...]

Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Procedure name ambiguity goes undetected in WSH2 beta 2

2. WSH2 beta addwindowsprinterconnection

3. wsh2 beta 2 problems

4. WSH2.0 Beta 2

5. WSH2 beta <object> element problem

6. HTA development and beta bugs

7. Beta bug (to MS team)

8. WSH 2.0 Beta 1 - Known Bugs

9. wsh 5.6 beta 2 bug - floppy access during exec

10. WSH bug status (pre-WSH 5.6 beta)

11. JScript bug on IE with Script Debugger or MDE Loaded

12. debugging doesn't hit breakpoint