Adding tasks to the IE task manager Programatically
Author Message
 Adding tasks to the IE task manager Programatically

Does anyone know how to add tasks to the Task manager through WSH or the
format of the .JOB file that task manager uses to find out it's tasks?

I am trying to create the functionality of NT's AT command for windows 9x.

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding tasks to the IE task manager Programatically
Try this article: Programming the Task Scheduler

  http://www.15seconds.com/Issue/980513.htm

The examples are in ASP pages, but the "code" is VBScript.

I'm not sure if it works with Win9x, but it should help get you there.

Mike Allen

Quote:

>Does anyone know how to add tasks to the Task manager through WSH or the
>format of the .JOB file that task manager uses to find out it's tasks?

>I am trying to create the functionality of NT's AT command for windows 9x.

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding tasks to the IE task manager Programatically
This article deals with TaskSceduler.dll, a COM interface to scheduled tasks
that comes (for now) only with Site Server (a cost item) which in turn requires
WinNT Server.  It isn't available as a separate download, though (IMO) it
_should_ be.

--
Michael Harris

| Try this article: Programming the Task Scheduler
|
|   http://www.15seconds.com/Issue/980513.htm
|
| The examples are in ASP pages, but the "code" is VBScript.
|
| I'm not sure if it works with Win9x, but it should help get you there.
|
| Mike Allen
|
| >Does anyone know how to add tasks to the Task manager through WSH or the
| >format of the .JOB file that task manager uses to find out it's tasks?
| >
| >I am trying to create the functionality of NT's AT command for windows 9x.

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding tasks to the IE task manager Programatically
You can get site server express as part of the Option Pack... Is the dll
included with the express version???

Clarence

--
http://cwashington.netreach.net

On THIS site you will find everything you need to get up and running. A
script repository with over 200 FREE sample scripts, a downloads section
with FREE COM objects for scripting, a library of reference materials and a
online discussion lounge to provide community based technical support. Check
it out.

Quote:
> This article deals with TaskSceduler.dll, a COM interface to scheduled
tasks
> that comes (for now) only with Site Server (a cost item) which in turn
requires
> WinNT Server.  It isn't available as a separate download, though (IMO) it
> _should_ be.

> --
> Michael Harris

> | Try this article: Programming the Task Scheduler
> |
> |   http://www.15seconds.com/Issue/980513.htm
> |
> | The examples are in ASP pages, but the "code" is VBScript.
> |
> | I'm not sure if it works with Win9x, but it should help get you there.
> |
> | Mike Allen
> |

> | >Does anyone know how to add tasks to the Task manager through WSH or
the
> | >format of the .JOB file that task manager uses to find out it's tasks?
> | >
> | >I am trying to create the functionality of NT's AT command for windows
9x.

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding tasks to the IE task manager Programatically
| You can get site server express as part of the Option Pack... Is the dll
| included with the express version???

It site server express wasn't part of NT4 Option Pack Workstation version,
at least not the version I downloaded long, long ago...

--
Michael Harris

| You can get site server express as part of the Option Pack... Is the dll
| included with the express version???
|
| Clarence
|
| --
| http://cwashington.netreach.net
|
| On THIS site you will find everything you need to get up and running. A
| script repository with over 200 FREE sample scripts, a downloads section
| with FREE COM objects for scripting, a library of reference materials and
| online discussion lounge to provide community based technical support.
Check
| it out.
|

| > This article deals with TaskSceduler.dll, a COM interface to scheduled
| tasks
| > that comes (for now) only with Site Server (a cost item) which in turn
| requires
| > WinNT Server.  It isn't available as a separate download, though (IMO)
it
| > _should_ be.
| >
| > --
| > Michael Harris
| >

| > | Try this article: Programming the Task Scheduler
| > |
| > |   http://www.15seconds.com/Issue/980513.htm
| > |
| > | The examples are in ASP pages, but the "code" is VBScript.
| > |
| > | I'm not sure if it works with Win9x, but it should help get you there.
| > |
| > | Mike Allen
| > |

| the

| 9x.

| > |
| > |

Sat, 29 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding tasks to the IE task manager Programatically
I've installed Option Pack, and Site Server Express 3.0 on NT server, and I
wasn't able to find TaskScheduler.dll on it.  Would be a great interface to
have...

Jason

Quote:
> | You can get site server express as part of the Option Pack... Is the dll
> | included with the express version???

> It site server express wasn't part of NT4 Option Pack Workstation version,
> at least not the version I downloaded long, long ago...

> --
> Michael Harris

in

> | You can get site server express as part of the Option Pack... Is the dll
> | included with the express version???
> |
> | Clarence
> |
> | --
> | http://cwashington.netreach.net
> |
> | On THIS site you will find everything you need to get up and running. A
> | script repository with over 200 FREE sample scripts, a downloads section
> | with FREE COM objects for scripting, a library of reference materials
and
> | online discussion lounge to provide community based technical support.
> Check
> | it out.
> |

> | > This article deals with TaskSceduler.dll, a COM interface to scheduled
> | tasks
> | > that comes (for now) only with Site Server (a cost item) which in turn
> | requires
> | > WinNT Server.  It isn't available as a separate download, though (IMO)
> it
> | > _should_ be.
> | >
> | > --
> | > Michael Harris

> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

> | the
> tasks?

> windows
> | 9x.
> | > | >

> | > |
> | > |

Sun, 30 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Task Manager, task list

2. Scripts in Taskbar, Task Manager

3. Task Manager Memory Usage

4. Task Manager

5. Wscript In task manager

6. Win32 ( WNI ) Task Manager

7. Scripts in Taskbar, Task Manager

8. Image Name WinNT Task Manager

9. end process just like NT's task manager

10. Access to Colums in Task Manager

11. VBS script fails when scheduled through task manager