Installation of German Windows Scripting 5.6 fails - why?
Author Message
 Installation of German Windows Scripting 5.6 fails - why?

I have a problem with the installation of German Windows Scripting 5.6.
The target machine is a German Windows 2000 Server computer with SP2
applied.

From msdn.microsoft.com I downloaded the German Installer (scriptde.exe)
for Windows 2000. Installation finishes and wants to reboot the computer.
I let it do that and after the reboot there is absolutely no Windows
Scripting on that machine. Neither in the Programs folder of the Start
menu nor on the hard drive itself.
As I'm mainly interested in the Script Component Wizard I did a search
for scriptwz.exe on the hard drive which didn't turn up the file.
I tested this on two different computers and the result was the same
unfortunately.

Can anybody tell me how to install it or what the problem is? A
localization issue perhaps?
--
Klaus Opel & Wolfgang Krietsch in de.soc.recht.misc:

Quote:
>wenn sich alle an das halten wrden, was sie vereinbart haben, wrden 2
>von 3 Rechtsanw?lten verhungern oder mssten sich Arbeit suchen.

Ja. Und - gibt's auch Nachteile?

Sun, 16 May 2004 04:36:59 GMT
 Installation of German Windows Scripting 5.6 fails - why?
Hi

The WSC Wizard is not part of the standard WSH install.

Windows Script Component Wizard Download page:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sample...

Direct link to the exe:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/scriptlets/wz10en.exe

--
torgeir

Quote:

> I have a problem with the installation of German Windows Scripting 5.6.
> The target machine is a German Windows 2000 Server computer with SP2
> applied.

> From msdn.microsoft.com I downloaded the German Installer (scriptde.exe)
> for Windows 2000. Installation finishes and wants to reboot the computer.
> I let it do that and after the reboot there is absolutely no Windows
> Scripting on that machine. Neither in the Programs folder of the Start
> menu nor on the hard drive itself.
> As I'm mainly interested in the Script Component Wizard I did a search
> for scriptwz.exe on the hard drive which didn't turn up the file.
> I tested this on two different computers and the result was the same
> unfortunately.

> Can anybody tell me how to install it or what the problem is? A
> localization issue perhaps?
> --
> Klaus Opel & Wolfgang Krietsch in de.soc.recht.misc:
> >wenn sich alle an das halten wrden, was sie vereinbart haben, wrden 2
> >von 3 Rechtsanw?lten verhungern oder mssten sich Arbeit suchen.
> Ja. Und - gibt's auch Nachteile?

Mon, 17 May 2004 10:20:33 GMT

1. Silent installation of WSH 5.6 ?

2. VBS 5.6 Silent, automated installation

3. Windows Script 5.6

4. RegExp bug (Windows Script 5.6)?

5. Error Running Windows Script 5.6 Documentation

6. Microsoft Windows Script 5.6

7. Microsoft Windows Script 5.6 locking win 98 machine

8. What are the new featuers/fixes in Windows Script ver 5.6

9. Windows Script 5.6 availablity

10. Uninstall of Windows Script 5.6.

11. Update on Version 5.6 of Windows Script

12. Windows Script 5.6 beta and WinME