no results-call asp pg using WSH
Author Message
 no results-call asp pg using WSH

Hi,

I tried saving that piece of code as a .vbs file. On the "ie.navigate" line,
I put an .asp page which inserts a record into a sql database. I
double-clicked on this .vbs file to run it but when I checked my SQL
database, no records were inserted. Is there a particular version of IE I
should be running? I'm running IE4 SP1 and I have WSH installed from NT4
Option Pack.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Sat, 02 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 no results-call asp pg using WSH
Jean,

Did you call the asp page through http:// protocol or through your local
file system?
An ASP page won't execute if you call it through your local file system  ie
'c:\test\test.asp'
you need to use something like 'http://localhost/test/test.asp'

Quote:

>Hi,

>I tried saving that piece of code as a .vbs file. On the "ie.navigate"
line,
>I put an .asp page which inserts a record into a sql database. I
>double-clicked on this .vbs file to run it but when I checked my SQL
>database, no records were inserted. Is there a particular version of IE I
>should be running? I'm running IE4 SP1 and I have WSH installed from NT4
>Option Pack.

>Any feedback is much appreciated.

Sat, 02 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 no results-call asp pg using WSH
Hi Brian,

Yea, I did use the http protocol to call my asp page from my vbs file.
Here's the code:

Dim IE
Set IE=CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

IE.Navigate "http://ssydevnt01/workflow/vbs.asp"
rem Set IE=Nothing

When I click on the vbs file, IE pops up for a while and then disappears.
But there're no results on my SQL database table.

Thanks again for any feedback.

Quote:

>Jean,

>Did you call the asp page through http:// protocol or through your local
>file system?
>An ASP page won't execute if you call it through your local file system  ie
>'c:\test\test.asp'
>you need to use something like 'http://localhost/test/test.asp'

>>Hi,

>>I tried saving that piece of code as a .vbs file. On the "ie.navigate"
>line,
>>I put an .asp page which inserts a record into a sql database. I
>>double-clicked on this .vbs file to run it but when I checked my SQL
>>database, no records were inserted. Is there a particular version of IE I
>>should be running? I'm running IE4 SP1 and I have WSH installed from NT4
>>Option Pack.

>>Any feedback is much appreciated.

Sun, 03 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 no results-call asp pg using WSH
You really should use a COM object that does HTTP Gets.. There are several
out there and there is one that ships with Visual Basic called msinet.ocx..
i simply wrote my own lightweight object in ATL that uses WinInet calls to
do HTTP Gets and Posts.

Quote:
> Hi Brian,

> Yea, I did use the http protocol to call my asp page from my vbs file.
> Here's the code:

> Dim IE
> Set IE=CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

> IE.Navigate "http://ssydevnt01/workflow/vbs.asp"
> rem Set IE=Nothing

> When I click on the vbs file, IE pops up for a while and then disappears.
> But there're no results on my SQL database table.

> Thanks again for any feedback.

> >Jean,

> >Did you call the asp page through http:// protocol or through your local
> >file system?
> >An ASP page won't execute if you call it through your local file system
ie
> >'c:\test\test.asp'
> >you need to use something like 'http://localhost/test/test.asp'

> >>Hi,

> >>I tried saving that piece of code as a .vbs file. On the "ie.navigate"
> >line,
> >>I put an .asp page which inserts a record into a sql database. I
> >>double-clicked on this .vbs file to run it but when I checked my SQL
> >>database, no records were inserted. Is there a particular version of IE
> >>should be running? I'm running IE4 SP1 and I have WSH installed from NT4
> >>Option Pack.

> >>Any feedback is much appreciated.

Sun, 03 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Util needed to convert N 1 pg PS files into one N pg file

2. How do you call an asp page using wsh

3. Piping results of command line call to file from ASP

4. Piping results of command line call to file from ASP

5. WSH calls VBA or VBA calls WSH

6. HOW TO: call WSH object from ASP

7. Calling WSH from ASP

8. How to pass back variables from called vbs from vbs using wsh

9. Calling wsh objects within asp

10. call an ASP file from wsh?

11. Getting a URL Call result into a string?

12. How to get Results from ParseScriptText call