Rundll and Rundll32
Author Message
 Rundll and Rundll32

I read that these programs allow someone to execute a DLL routine from the
command line with the arguments on the command line being passed to the DLL
routine.

Sun, 16 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Rundll and Rundll32
Rundll.exe and rundll32.exe can only execute functions in DLLs that were written
specifically to be executed thru the rundll/rundll32 interface.

Here's a _very_ extensive list of DLLs that can be called this way:
http://www.mvps.org/vb/index2.html?tips/shellcpl.htm

Here's the MS KB article that describes the interface (includes NT):

INFO: The Windows 95 Rundll and Rundll32 Interface
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q164/7/87.asp

--
Michael Harris

| I read that these programs allow someone to execute a DLL routine from the
| command line with the arguments on the command line being passed to the DLL
| routine.

Mon, 17 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Rundll32 API Calls

2. How to use RunDll32 ?

3. rundll32.exe

4. rundll32

5. simple chat winsock+wscript.run(rundll)

6. wshshell.run "rundll.exe wsock32.dll, ...

7. rundll.vbs??

8. Rundll rnaui.dll won't work

9. Returning values from API calls via Rundll.exe

10. Executing rundll commands

11. Why won't this script for running "RUNDLL32.EXE RNAUI.DLL" work?