Logon script
Author Message
 Logon script

I think I am missing something here !

I have made a simple (actually VERY simple) VBScript.

If I double-click on it directly from \\logonserver\netlogon after having
logged on, it works like a charm.

If I write it's name (login.vbs) in the "Logon script" field in
usermanager - nothing happens. It doesn't run ?!??

I am really at a loss here !

The script is placed on the NT4 Primary Domain Controller, and it happens
both on Win9x and NT Wrkst 4 / 5.

Regards,

Michael Frandsen

Sat, 07 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Logon script

The login script file name is used by lmscript.exe on the workstation which executes the script (and produces the logon script message box). This program can only handle .bat and .cmd files so you cave to have the name of a batch file which in turn calls the .vbs file.
I use the batch file to detect if WSH is installed and then run wscript script.wsh.
The .wsh file specifies the script to run and no timeout. (you can create a .wsh file automatically by right clicking on the .vbs file and setting the timeout to 0, clicking on OK will create the .wsh file, a bit like .pif files)
Regards,
Ian
WSH FAQ http://wsh.glazier.co.nz

Sat, 07 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. logon.exe script.vbs in profile (logon script)

2. How can I get logon server name and IP address from logon script using wsh

3. Win98, Logon script & finding logon server

4. vb script as network logon script

5. Running Scripting Host Files as Logon Script

6. WSH Script in NT Logon Script

7. Where to learn Logon Scripting?

8. logon scripts

9. logon script