Application Objects
Author Message
 Application Objects

I am looking for more information about WSH and Office97 application
objects. Where should I look for this data? Is there a single (good) source
for Office97 objects for WSH programming. Any help would be appreciated.

Eliot Kaagan
24 Hour Fitness, Inc.

Sat, 10 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Application Objects
There is a help file available for office automation called "Auto97.exe"
from Microsoft.   I don't remember URL, but should be easily found on the
Microsoft WEB page.

Here is a paragraph from the readme.txt file:

Introduction
------------

The Auto97.exe file contains the Microsoft Office 97 Automation Help
file created by Microsoft Technical Support. This Help file contains
Automation theory and multiple examples on automating all the Office 97
products (Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft
PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook) as well as Microsoft Graph,
DAO/ODBCDirect, Microsoft Binder, OLE Messaging, and the Office
Assistant.

HTH,
DM

Quote:

>I am looking for more information about WSH and Office97 application
>objects. Where should I look for this data? Is there a single (good) source
>for Office97 objects for WSH programming. Any help would be appreciated.

>Eliot Kaagan
>24 Hour Fitness, Inc.

Sat, 10 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Application Objects
It is in the WSH FAQ (where else?)
http://wsh.glazier.co.nz/frame.asp?target=faq/wshFAQ.asp?prmMode=DoFu...
(love the link...)
And search for 'Office'
Or http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q167/2/23.asp is a bit
more direct.

Ian Morrish
WSH FAQ http://wsh.glazier.co.nz
Home page http://www.glazier.co.nz
NetMeeting http://ils.glazier.co.nz

Quote:
>There is a help file available for office automation called "Auto97.exe"
>from Microsoft.   I don't remember URL, but should be easily found on the
>Microsoft WEB page.

>Here is a paragraph from the readme.txt file:

>Introduction
>------------

>The Auto97.exe file contains the Microsoft Office 97 Automation Help
>file created by Microsoft Technical Support. This Help file contains
>Automation theory and multiple examples on automating all the Office 97
>products (Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft
>PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook) as well as Microsoft Graph,
>DAO/ODBCDirect, Microsoft Binder, OLE Messaging, and the Office
>Assistant.

>HTH,
>DM

>>I am looking for more information about WSH and Office97 application
>>objects. Where should I look for this data? Is there a single (good)
source
>>for Office97 objects for WSH programming. Any help would be appreciated.

>>Eliot Kaagan
>>24 Hour Fitness, Inc.

Sun, 11 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. accessing another application's application object

2. Passing VB OLE objects in the Application object (IIS3, VB5, ASP, VBS)

3. Trouble setting disconnected recordset object to application object

4. calling a function in the opening script of an InternetExplorer.Application object from the object

5. InternetExplorer.Application object and the event object

6. application object

7. Handling events from an Automation application/object

8. Storing arrays in Application object

9. Jscript Application Object and Arrays

10. Application object error

11. Problem with Application object

12. Application Objects in HTML VBScript