Set "Password never expires" on NT/2K User account using only WSH/VBSCRIPT!
Author Message
 Set "Password never expires" on NT/2K User account using only WSH/VBSCRIPT!

I need to create a NT user account (on a local box, not a domain), and
set it's "password never expires" attribure from a WSH script.

I can use the NET USER command to create the user; however setting the
password never expires attribute has proved more difficult.

I need to do this programmatically, with no user involvement, on a
variety of NT and 2K machines.

I _DONT_ want to install the ADSI client on every PC in order to be
able to use it (sorry) so I'm looking for a Win32 API call or
something else provided with the base operating system (no 3rd party
utils!).

All help much appreciated.

Thanks.

Alastair

Mon, 16 Feb 2004 07:25:52 GMT
 Set "Password never expires" on NT/2K User account using only WSH/VBSCRIPT!
You do not have to install ADSI on every PC, you need ADSI only on one
workstation running your script (providing the rest of boxes are accessable
through the network). ADSI on that one PC will then take care of "heavy
lifting" (handling API stuff) on your behalf.

Branimir

Quote:
> I need to create a NT user account (on a local box, not a domain), and
> set it's "password never expires" attribure from a WSH script.

> I can use the NET USER command to create the user; however setting the
> password never expires attribute has proved more difficult.

> I need to do this programmatically, with no user involvement, on a
> variety of NT and 2K machines.

> I _DONT_ want to install the ADSI client on every PC in order to be
> able to use it (sorry) so I'm looking for a Win32 API call or
> something else provided with the base operating system (no 3rd party
> utils!).

> All help much appreciated.

> Thanks.

> Alastair

Mon, 16 Feb 2004 07:52:43 GMT

1. Setting pasword to never expire on multiple user accounts in win 2k

2. Propertie "Password Never Expires..."

3. "password never expires"

4. adding user account to "Users" container

5. "Members Of" for a User Account

6. setting user accounts to expire

7. Need to create Nt 4 Account, Password and set directory access permissions

8. Setting the "everyone" permissions using ADSI

9. Response.Cookies("AnyCookieName").Expires

10. "Session variable expire by refreshing the page"?true:false

11. Change Service account User Account and Password

12. adding users to "Users" container