File size
Author Message
 File size

Ok I know that this must be an easy solution but for the life of me I
can't get this to work:

-=-=-=-= -=-=-=-= -=-=-=-= -=-=-=-=
'Begin code
SET oFS = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

LogonServerName = "\\Server\Share\Directory"

AppListFile = oFS.GetFile(LogonServerName & "\AppList.txt")
AppListFileSize = AppListFile.Size
msgbox AppListFileSize

WScript.Quit

-=-=-=-= -=-=-=-= -=-=-=-= -=-=-=-=

I'm getting an error code "800A01A8" on line
'AppListFileSize = AppListFile.Size'

Anyone know the solution to the problem.  Or even a place where I can
lookup the error for myself?

Wed, 21 Dec 2005 04:21:39 GMT
 File size
'Begin code
SET oFS = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

LogonServerName = "\\Server\Share\Directory"

'// You needed to create the AppListFile object with Set
Set AppListFile = oFS.GetFile(LogonServerName & "\AppList.txt")

--
Regards,

Michael Holzemer
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

Quote:
> Ok I know that this must be an easy solution but for the life of me I
> can't get this to work:

> -=-=-=-= -=-=-=-= -=-=-=-= -=-=-=-=
> 'Begin code
> SET oFS = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

> LogonServerName = "\\Server\Share\Directory"

> AppListFile = oFS.GetFile(LogonServerName & "\AppList.txt")
> AppListFileSize = AppListFile.Size
> msgbox AppListFileSize

> WScript.Quit

> -=-=-=-= -=-=-=-= -=-=-=-= -=-=-=-=

> I'm getting an error code "800A01A8" on line
> 'AppListFileSize = AppListFile.Size'

> Anyone know the solution to the problem.  Or even a place where I can
> lookup the error for myself?

Wed, 21 Dec 2005 05:20:57 GMT
 File size
Ugh.  I knew it was something simple.  Thanks Michael.

Quote:
> 'Begin code
> SET oFS = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

> LogonServerName = "\\Server\Share\Directory"

> '// You needed to create the AppListFile object with Set
> Set AppListFile = oFS.GetFile(LogonServerName & "\AppList.txt")
> AppListFileSize = AppListFile.Size
> msgbox AppListFileSize

> WScript.Quit

Wed, 21 Dec 2005 07:24:10 GMT

1. POSTSCRIPT FILE SIZE VS DOCUMENT SIZE

2. .vbs file to play a .wav if file size does not equal 0

3. Input type file - file size

4. limit the file size for uploading

5. GhostScript file size quite large compared to Acrobat PDF driver

6. PDF file size

7. Maintaining the file size of a joined PDF document

8. PDF file size when using ps2pdf.

9. Maximum file size Ghostscript ??

10. ps2pdf and output files size

11. PDF file size

12. Different PDF-file sizes when using GSView or RedMon/GhostScript