How hard would it be
Author Message
 How hard would it be

I wish to write a script that would allow the adding of the currently
logged in user to the local admin group (after supplying admin account and
password).  Then being able to remove the user from that group.  It would
make doing software updates infinatly easier.  I would not have to log the
user out, make them a member, log them back in, run the update, log them
out, remove them from the group, let them log back in to veryify blah to
much stuff for such a simple process.  TIA!  This would be a life saver.

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 18:48:27 GMT
 How hard would it be

Or... you could use runas or SFimpersonator in your scripts to impersonate an administrative account for these tasks.

--
http://cwashington.netreach.net

On this site you will find resources for all of your Windows NT/2000/XP admin scripting needs. Everything you need to get up and running. OVER 800 Sample scripts . OVER 60 FREE scriptable COM objects. You will find reference materials, FAQs, and technical support via a public online forum we call the discussionLOUNGE and public chat rooms

Clarence

  I wish to write a script that would allow the adding of the currently
  logged in user to the local admin group (after supplying admin account and
  password).  Then being able to remove the user from that group.  It would
  make doing software updates infinatly easier.  I would not have to log the
  user out, make them a member, log them back in, run the update, log them
  out, remove them from the group, let them log back in to veryify blah to
  much stuff for such a simple process.  TIA!  This would be a life saver.

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 20:34:00 GMT

1. checking hard drive levels

2. Iterating through all files on Hard drive

3. Help with multidimensional array -- hard way

4. Okay.....maybe the first one was too hard

5. Help on Stripping hard returns

6. How do attach file from local hard drive

7. Hard Carriage Return

8. stripping hard returns

9. File attach from local hard disk

10. Accessing Postscript Font from Printer Hard Disk

11. Hard BLOB Problem...

12. Dowlonad fonts to hard disk