modifying multi-valued registry values?
Author Message
 modifying multi-valued registry values?

I have been unable to find a way with WSH/VBScript to modify a REG_MULTI_SZ
value in the registry.  RegWrite doesn't support the variable type, and as
far as I can tell, the RegObj.dll OCX doesn't expose it either.  Am I going
to have to dust of the cobwebs and use PERL?

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 04:04:55 GMT
 modifying multi-valued registry values?
StdRegProv
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmis...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I have been unable to find a way with WSH/VBScript to modify a REG_MULTI_SZ
> value in the registry.  RegWrite doesn't support the variable type, and as
> far as I can tell, the RegObj.dll OCX doesn't expose it either.  Am I going
> to have to dust of the cobwebs and use PERL?

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:14:14 GMT
 modifying multi-valued registry values?

Quote:

> I have been unable to find a way with WSH/VBScript to modify a REG_MULTI_SZ
> value in the registry.  RegWrite doesn't support the variable type, and as
> far as I can tell, the RegObj.dll OCX doesn't expose it either.

1)
RegObj.dll supports REG_MULTI_SZ write.

At http://cwashington.netreach.net/ you can get a script that makes using
RegObj.DLL easier:

Encapsulate Regobj... Functions to make using RegObj.DLL easier.
Date Posted: Saturday, November 06, 1999
Author: Rich Ellis

http://cwashington.netreach.net/depo/view.asp?Index=346&ScriptType=vb...

2)
You can also use WMI's StdRegProv (Standard Registry Provider) to do this. WMI
comes default with W2k/WXP, can be installed on W9x/WNT.

3)
A kludge that doesn't require another object is from your script to create a
reg.file (on the fly) and import it via 'Regedit /S' using the Wscript.Shell
object's Run method.

--
torgeir

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:14:32 GMT

1. How to modify a binary value in registry ?

2. MULTI SERVER VALUES

3. create a Multi REG_BINARY value

4. RegObj.dll and Multi-SZ Values

5. RegObj.dll and Multi-SZ Values

6. TEXTAREA - need to reset to a multi-line value

7. Declaring Multi values in same cookie????????

8. Need Help With JScript To Modify A Input Text Value

9. tighter security - capture a unique value from registry

10. Reading user's registry value

11. Registry Key/Value existance?

12. ASP /VBScript - get values from the registry