WSH 5.6 beta
Author Message
 WSH 5.6 beta

The problem has to do with proper registration (or lack thereof) of wshom.ocx.
This is discussed elsewhere in this group ("WSH 5.6 Beta 1 is released" thread).
I had the problem on 3 different win95 machines. Win2000 seems to install properly.

Although not recommended, I have found that just replacing the new (5.6b1) wshom.ocx
with the  5.5 version restores you to a working wsh (albeit with an older and less
feature-laden
wsh). You also have to register it again (via regsvr32.exe)

Documentation is forthcoming .... soon ..... right MS scripting personel ??? :-)
 -- Mitch

Quote:

> Two things about this new version

> 1)I don't find the documentation about the new feature like the object model of the new
> feature WshRemote.

> 2) I try to use my scripts 5.5 with this new version 5.6 Beta, but some features, like
> "CreateObject("WScript.Shell"), doesn't work!!! Why?

> Thank you for your response

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 WSH 5.6 beta

WSH 5.6 beta1) http://msdn.microsoft.com/voices/scripting11132000.asp
2) You are using Windows Me and you in deep shit ( pardon my language)
    look a few posts before this one

  Two things about this new version

  1)I don't find the documentation about the new feature like the object model of the new feature WshRemote.

  2) I try to use my scripts 5.5 with this new version 5.6 Beta, but some features, like "CreateObject("WScript.Shell"), doesn't work!!! Why?

  Thank you for your response

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 WSH 5.6 beta

Two things about this new version

1)I don't find the documentation about the new feature like the object
model of the new feature WshRemote.

2) I try to use my scripts 5.5 with this new version 5.6 Beta, but some
features, like "CreateObject("WScript.Shell"), doesn't work!!! Why?

Thank you for your response

Sat, 17 May 2003 21:44:51 GMT

1. WSH bug status (pre-WSH 5.6 beta)

2. WSH 5.6 beta 2

3. WSH 5.6 Beta - Shell.Exec

4. WSH 5.6 Beta for NT missing files?

5. WSH 5.6 beta 2

6. Possible WSH 5.6 beta update...

7. wsh 5.6 beta 2 problems

8. wsh 5.6 beta 2 bug - floppy access during exec

9. crash with WSH 5.6 beta 2 and IE 5.5

10. WSH 5.6 Beta 1, new method, WScript.Exec

11. WSH 5.6 beta 2

12. WSH 5.6 beta 1 - WshController and WshRemote example