Change "Display List of Operating Systems" time?
Author Message
 Change "Display List of Operating Systems" time?

Is there is way to change the time of Display List of Operating Systems
programatically though WSH?

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 05:20:32 GMT
 Change "Display List of Operating Systems" time?
Maybe it's just me, but I have no idea what this question means ;-)...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Is there is way to change the time of Display List of Operating Systems
> programatically though WSH?

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 09:05:50 GMT
 Change "Display List of Operating Systems" time?
Nope!

May be some 'displayed list' of dual boot props, dialog?

'Select the Display list of operating systems for check box, and
then type the number of seconds for which you want the list displayed before
the default operating system starts automatically.'

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%27Operating+Systems%27+%22Display+...
&hl=en&selm=JLXC7.244659%24Xz1.48675397%40news1.rdc1.md.home.com&rnum=67

pedigree

Maybe it's just me, but I have no idea what this question means ;-)...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Is there is way to change the time of Display List of Operating Systems
> programatically though WSH?

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 15:24:38 GMT
 Change "Display List of Operating Systems" time?
Windows NT shows a list of operating systems (default NT Server, and NT
Server VGA mode) during startup, defaultly the time to wait for selection is
30 seconds. I was wondering if there was a way to change this through WSH.

-M

Quote:
> Nope!

> May be some 'displayed list' of dual boot props, dialog?

> 'Select the Display list of operating systems for check box, and
> then type the number of seconds for which you want the list displayed
before
> the default operating system starts automatically.'

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%27Operating+Systems%27+%22Display+...
Quote:
> &hl=en&selm=JLXC7.244659%24Xz1.48675397%40news1.rdc1.md.home.com&rnum=67

> pedigree

> Maybe it's just me, but I have no idea what this question means ;-)...

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> > Is there is way to change the time of Display List of Operating Systems
> > programatically though WSH?

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 23:35:17 GMT
 Change "Display List of Operating Systems" time?

Quote:

> Windows NT shows a list of operating systems (default NT Server, and NT
> Server VGA mode) during startup, defaultly the time to wait for selection is
> 30 seconds. I was wondering if there was a way to change this through WSH.

You have to change the contents of your C:\boot.ini. Change the "timeout"
value to whatever you like. To change the contents of this file you will
have to open it (using TextStream object) read it line by line into a
variable, changing whatever needs changing, then write contents of this
variable into new temp file (using another TextStream object). Delete old
boot.ini, rename the temp file and you are done. Note that changing default
timeout value, means nothing in "grand scheme of events" (does not add any
value), so why bother wasting time with it?

Branimir

Wed, 07 Jul 2004 00:21:06 GMT
 Change "Display List of Operating Systems" time?

Quote:

> > Windows NT shows a list of operating systems (default NT Server, and NT
> > Server VGA mode) during startup, defaultly the time to wait for selection is
> > 30 seconds. I was wondering if there was a way to change this through WSH.

> You have to change the contents of your C:\boot.ini. Change the "timeout"
> value to whatever you like. To change the contents of this file you will
> have to open it (using TextStream object) read it line by line into a
> variable, changing whatever needs changing, then write contents of this
> variable into new temp file (using another TextStream object). Delete old
> boot.ini, rename the temp file and you are done. Note that changing default
> timeout value, means nothing in "grand scheme of events" (does not add any
> value), so why bother wasting time with it?

Hi

I think this can be done with WMI also, it was a thread about it a while ago in the
microsoft.public.wbem group.

--
torgeir

Wed, 07 Jul 2004 00:48:12 GMT
 Change "Display List of Operating Systems" time?

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Change "Display List of Operating Systems" time?
Okay, I found it, anyone else who wants to know the code's below

Set CompSysSet =
GetObject("winmgmts:impersonationLevel=impersonate}").ExecQuery
("select * from Win32_ComputerSystem")

For each CompSys in CompSysSet
        CompSys.SystemStartupDelay = 20
        CompSys.Put_()
Next
WScript.Echo "Boot up delay time set"

> > > Windows NT shows a list of operating systems (default NT Server, and
NT
> > > Server VGA mode) during startup, defaultly the time to wait for
selection is
> > > 30 seconds. I was wondering if there was a way to change this through
WSH.

> > You have to change the contents of your C:\boot.ini. Change the
"timeout"
> > value to whatever you like. To change the contents of this file you will
> > have to open it (using TextStream object) read it line by line into a
> > variable, changing whatever needs changing, then write contents of this
> > variable into new temp file (using another TextStream object). Delete
old
> > boot.ini, rename the temp file and you are done. Note that changing
default
> > timeout value, means nothing in "grand scheme of events" (does not add
any
> > value), so why bother wasting time with it?

> Hi

> I think this can be done with WMI also, it was a thread about it a while
ago in the
> microsoft.public.wbem group.

> --
> torgeir

Wed, 07 Jul 2004 03:19:24 GMT

1. Script to list all members in a domain, and their operating system

2. Encoded system names and their "values"

3. Finding the Windows "SYSTEM" folder

4. SOLVED Finding the Windows "SYSTEM" folder

5. Optimal error-handling in "System" PostScript

6. Netscape displays "hidden" VB script

7. setting "display" in ghostscript

8. display all "in use files"

9. What is "Display PostScript"?

10. Problem to display "\" character in javascript

11. text in "alert -boxes" displayed backwards

12. Creating a "list"