printing by copying to LPT1:?
Author Message
 printing by copying to LPT1:?

Hi -
I am trying to copy a raw ASCII text file to LPT1: for printing shipping
labels- data light on the printer blinks, but printer doesn't print. I print
a windows printer test page, and viola, the data I copied to the port
prints, followed by the test page. Is there an EOF char I need to send after
my data? Any suggestions are appreciated.

helion

Thu, 14 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 printing by copying to LPT1:?
I think you need form feed or some other character, if you've got the
VBScript documentation look up all the ASCii character codes, im sure theres
one that will be suitable.

Alternatively you use Notepad as a proxy for your file. Look up and down the
newsgroup, posts about similar ideas and requests are not uncommon.

Dominic

Thu, 14 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 printing by copying to LPT1:?
You did not mention what kind of printer you are using.  If it is a Laser
printer of some type I have found that if the print job does not fill a page
the job will not print until a Form Feed command is sent to the printer.

Hope this helps,

CEF

Quote:
> Hi -
> I am trying to copy a raw ASCII text file to LPT1: for printing shipping
> labels- data light on the printer blinks, but printer doesn't print. I
print
> a windows printer test page, and viola, the data I copied to the port
> prints, followed by the test page. Is there an EOF char I need to send
after
> my data? Any suggestions are appreciated.

> helion

Thu, 14 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 printing by copying to LPT1:?
try using...

    \f (this is the escape sequence for a Form Feed)

Quote:
> Hi -
> I am trying to copy a raw ASCII text file to LPT1: for printing shipping
> labels- data light on the printer blinks, but printer doesn't print. I
print
> a windows printer test page, and viola, the data I copied to the port
> prints, followed by the test page. Is there an EOF char I need to send
after
> my data? Any suggestions are appreciated.

> helion

Sat, 16 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 printing by copying to LPT1:?
isn't chr(12) Formfeed for most printers?
with mine (canon bjc 4300) it works well just to let a script write directly
to LPT1_as_a_'text-file'
I got this from this newsgroup...I think it was posted in January

set ff=CreateObject("scripting.FileSystemObject")
set sonja=ff.OpenTextFile("LPT1",2,true,0)
' nun etwas an die "Textdatei schicken"
sonja.writeline "Hallo Du da :-)))"
sonja.writeline "na???"
sonja.writeline "Dies ist eine direkte Ausgabe auf den Drucker."
sonja.writeline "das habe ich aus einer newsgroup"
sonja.writeline "faszinierend" ' Mr Spock's comment
sonja.writeline "gut"
sonja.write chr(12) 'Formfeed
' Druckvorgang beenden
sonja.close

Thorsten

Quote:
> try using...

>     \f (this is the escape sequence for a Form Feed)

> > Hi -
> > I am trying to copy a raw ASCII text file to LPT1: for printing shipping
> > labels- data light on the printer blinks, but printer doesn't print. I
> print
> > a windows printer test page, and viola, the data I copied to the port
> > prints, followed by the test page. Is there an EOF char I need to send
> after
> > my data? Any suggestions are appreciated.

> > helion

Sat, 16 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 printing by copying to LPT1:?

hlink.net>

posted...

Quote:
>Hi -
>I am trying to copy a raw ASCII text file to LPT1: for printing shipping
>labels- data light on the printer blinks, but printer doesn't print. I print
>a windows printer test page, and viola, the data I copied to the port
>prints, followed by the test page. Is there an EOF char I need to send after
>my data? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Chr(12)?

--
Robert Bradley

I am not a mindreader, so I don't know everything.

Thu, 21 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Copy a Print File to LPT1:

2. copy .ps lpt1

3. copy lpt1 w/ WSH

4. copy to LPT1 via WSH

5. Endless copies printed from printing a single copy

6. printing copy count (xx of yy copies) on page

7. LPT1: Capture Program

8. Intercepting data to lpt1:

9. Need to send output to LPT1 to another printer

10. Detect LPT1 connection

11. Detect default printer on local LPT1 via VB script

12. Using Vbscript to output data to LPT1