Running an Access Database on a Server from ASP
Author Message
 Running an Access Database on a Server from ASP

Hi,

I have a Microsoft Access database on the server that has been designed to
carry out a series of update & delete queries and automatically close itself
when complete. I need to be able to automate the opening of this database on
the server from an Active Server page on the net.

The Serve is NT4, has IIS and WSH installed.

I have been tried the following two ways in ASP, but I always get an error
'80070002'.

file = "D:\Inetsrv\wwwroot\Applications\Exit_Interview\Exit_Int.mdb"
Set Shell = Server.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
rtc = Shell.Run (file, 1, true)
Set Shell = Nothing

Dim appAccess As Object
Set appAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application.8")
appAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase("D:\inetsrv\wwwroot\Databases\Exit_Int_Srvr.md
b")

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards
Michael

Mon, 05 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie - server-side VBS run 4 connecting to database issues

2. Newbie - server-side VBS run 4 connecting to database issues

3. Client side access to database on server?

4. Entering vast amont of text into memo-field of access-database (on server)

5. Can You Access Exchange Server Database

6. Creating an MS ACCESS database on an NT Server

7. VBScript Error due to converting databases from Access to SQL Server 6.5

8. error doing a FILTER on an Access database via Asp/VBScript and ADO

9. no permission to view access database via asp(using ado)

10. PROBLEM: Accessing database through Java-class in ASP (Jscript)

11. Weird ASP error when trying to add a new record to a MS Access database

12. Using JScript to access database in ASP