design-time activex control pad
Author Message
 design-time activex control pad

When I try to download the design-time activex control pad from
msdn.microsoft.com/downloads, setupdcp.exe sends me to a non-existent
page.  Can you help?  Thanks.

rsh

Sat, 27 Mar 2004 23:11:39 GMT
 design-time activex control pad
Microsoft.Com Contact US
http://register.microsoft.com/contactus30/feedback40.asp?FU=http%3A%2...

use this to report the problem to the MSDN group though the odds of getting a response (let alone getting the problem fixed) are probably pretty slim ;-)...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> When I try to download the design-time activex control pad from
> msdn.microsoft.com/downloads, setupdcp.exe sends me to a non-existent
> page.  Can you help?  Thanks.

> rsh

Sat, 27 Mar 2004 23:55:03 GMT
 design-time activex control pad
As an aside, the ActiveX Control pad is pretty old technology that was a precursor to direct DHTML support by IE.  In fact, IE no longer installs the fm20.dll (since IE 5.0 IIRC) that implements the "Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library"...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> When I try to download the design-time activex control pad from
> msdn.microsoft.com/downloads, setupdcp.exe sends me to a non-existent
> page.  Can you help?  Thanks.

> rsh

Sun, 28 Mar 2004 00:01:14 GMT
 design-time activex control pad
hi Steve,

Although obsolete, ActX control pad is not dead yet.  Try here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnax...
ml/cpad.asp

(The above link is valid as of: 10Oct01.  Get it before Microsoft
re-organizes it's website yet again).

MikHar is right about dhtml rendering axcp obsolete.  The thing that axcp
brought to the table was absolute positioning of controls on their "form",
which can now be done with dhtml.

If you are looking for a "free" html editor, there are several, including
microsoft's own "FrontPage Express" which comes with Internet Explorer.

As far as MikHar's contention that fm20.dll is also obsolete, I would
question that.  Microsoft itself claims that fm20.dll is included with
various versions of msOffice (at least up to ofc2k), and with Visual Basic,
and any ms product that includes VBA, (I think).

cheers, jw

Quote:
> When I try to download the design-time activex control pad from
> msdn.microsoft.com/downloads, setupdcp.exe sends me to a non-existent
> page.  Can you help?  Thanks.

> rsh

Sun, 28 Mar 2004 02:04:55 GMT
 design-time activex control pad
Interesting... 2 completely different URLs for supposedly the same thing...

http://download.microsoft.com/download/activexcontrolpad/Install/4.0....

This one from the MSDN Downloads is the one that chokes.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/library/en-us/dnsamples/Setupdcp.exe

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> hi Steve,

> Although obsolete, ActX control pad is not dead yet.  Try here:

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnax...

> (The above link is valid as of: 10Oct01.  Get it before Microsoft
> re-organizes it's website yet again).

> MikHar is right about dhtml rendering axcp obsolete.  The thing that axcp
> brought to the table was absolute positioning of controls on their "form",
> which can now be done with dhtml.

> If you are looking for a "free" html editor, there are several, including
> microsoft's own "FrontPage Express" which comes with Internet Explorer.

> As far as MikHar's contention that fm20.dll is also obsolete, I would
> question that.  Microsoft itself claims that fm20.dll is included with
> various versions of msOffice (at least up to ofc2k), and with visual basic,
> and any ms product that includes vba, (I think).

> cheers, jw

> > When I try to download the design-time activex control pad from
> > msdn.microsoft.com/downloads, setupdcp.exe sends me to a non-existent
> > page.  Can you help?  Thanks.

> > rsh

Sun, 28 Mar 2004 02:51:27 GMT
 design-time activex control pad
"...As far as MikHar's contention that fm20.dll is also obsolete..."

That's not exactly what I said ;-)...

I simply pointed out the IE (which *used* to install it) no longer does.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Sun, 28 Mar 2004 02:53:50 GMT

1. Crystal InterDev Design-Time ActiveX Control

2. ActiveX Control Pad

3. VBScript and the ActiveX Control Pad

4. Grid design-time control - no display with no result RS

5. Grid Design-Time Control problem

6. Using a Select expression in Design time controls

7. Design time controls and frame navigation

8. Design Time Controls In Interdev

9. How to activate Design Time Controls,

10. Design Time Controls,

11. Design Time Controls,

12. Newbie attempting to use Design Time Control