Usable What? IE, MSXML2, or Inet Control
Author Message
 Usable What? IE, MSXML2, or Inet Control

Getting internet resource, IE is not reliable.
For any users using internet with wrong configuration, IE fails.

MSXML2.XMLHTTP looks more reliable.
But I don't know what is required for my users in this object.
If someone has IE5.0 or later, has he proper environment for msxml2?
Enlighten me please.

Inet control is really cool, speedy, and steady. e.g. I do;
CreateObject("InetCtls.Inet")
The background engine looks like follows in my machine;
C:\WINNT\System32\MSINET.ocx
It is 112kb small file. Can I use it for my users by only REGSVR32ing this
object?

Anyway, what is the right choice for simply getting text resource in
internet for most of users?
Even worse or better is that there may be much more objects and ways getting
result from internet.
Is there another way?

Sat, 08 May 2004 23:01:02 GMT

1. Problem with Inet control

2. Newbie question - The Inet control

3. Using the INET control

4. Problem with Inet Controls

5. Inet Control

6. Problem with Inet control

7. VBScript and Inet Control

8. inet control "Still executing last request"

9. inet.chm for IE 6.0

10. Active X controls not working in IE 5.5 but works in IE 6.0

11. Speeding up the MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP engine

12. Speeding up the MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP requests