 Corporate Wallpeper

How can I set the wallpaper using wsh??

Thanks.

Tue, 02 Sep 2003 03:00:11 GMT
 Corporate Wallpeper
Mario Alcaraz says:

Quote:
>How can I set the wallpaper using wsh??

I hate not offering a scripting solution,  but sometimes easier is
better.    If you're trying to set a "corporate wallpaper",  why not
just set a domain policy?

----------
Randy Hunt
MCP+I / MCSE

visit www.wshscripting.com

Tue, 02 Sep 2003 08:40:14 GMT
 Corporate Wallpeper
hmmm.. could the domain policy be set by a script?
Quote:
> >How can I set the wallpaper using wsh??
> If you're trying to set a "corporate wallpaper",  why not
> just set a domain policy?

Tue, 02 Sep 2003 09:42:16 GMT
 Corporate Wallpeper
Here is the best solution I've come up with.
Copy the background image file to all computers, and put it in the Winnt
folder.

In your logon script, enter

Set g_oShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
Set g_oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

' Copy these files
Set fileBackGroundImage =
g_oFSO.GetFile("H:\chrisg\Scripts\Files\corpBackground.bmp")
fileBackGroundImage.Copy("C:\Winnt\corpBackGround.bmp")

' Change these Registry Values
g_oShell.RegWrite "HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Colors\Background", "0
0 0"
g_oShell.RegWrite "HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper",
"C:\WINNT\corpBackGround.bmp"

I've had problems with the file copying part of the script, ie it doesn't
work. My problem might be related to the file name having an underscore in
it.

There you go.

Chris Gray
Systems Administrator
Artifact Entertainment

Quote:
> hmmm.. could the domain policy be set by a script?

> > >How can I set the wallpaper using wsh??
> > If you're trying to set a "corporate wallpaper",  why not
> > just set a domain policy?

Fri, 05 Sep 2003 15:37:25 GMT

1. Corporate Dilemma

2. Corporate Windows update