RegWrite on a remote machine?
Author Message
 RegWrite on a remote machine?

can I write a regestry key on a remote machine?
say if I have a remote ip 255.0.0.0
var ws=WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell");
i=ws.RegWrite(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\MYKEY);

Or is there a way to use WMI and an insert statement or something?

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 04:37:45 GMT
 RegWrite on a remote machine?
asked and answered in the ...scripting.remote newsgroup (even though it wasn't really an appropriate
question for that NG ;-)...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> can I write a regestry key on a remote machine?
> say if I have a remote ip 255.0.0.0
> var ws=WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell");
> i=ws.RegWrite(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\MYKEY);

> Or is there a way to use WMI and an insert statement or something?

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 08:48:41 GMT

1. WshController: Remote script runs only on local machine not on remote machine

2. Execute remote script on a Remote XP Machine

3. Remote Scripting, it doesn't work on my machine

4. running external programs from ASP (on local or remote machines)

5. Remote Machine Name?

6. Verify remote machines by name and IP

7. How to edit registry on remote machines with VBS

8. Create ODBC DSN on a remote machine

9. Open Terminal Server Session on remote machine ?

10. Copy a file to remote machine using UNC

11. Remote script : create a file on local machine

12. List ACLs of a Remote Machine