Permission Denied Error
Author Message
 Permission Denied Error

I am trying to do a simple script that creates a directory and then copies a file into that new directory.  I continue to get a permission denied error for the fso.copyfile line of code.  I am using a sourcefile variable, destfile variable and the ,true flag.  Is there something that I am missing?
Thanks

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 21:07:51 GMT
 Permission Denied Error
The path may not exist.  You may not have permissions.  You may  have a syntax
error.

You might want to post the code and the exact error message.

Quote:
> I am trying to do a simple script that creates a directory and then copies a

file into that new directory.  I continue to get a permission denied error for
the fso.copyfile line of code.  I am using a sourcefile variable, destfile
variable and the ,true flag.  Is there something that I am missing?
Quote:
> Thanks

> Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of links to ASP & ASP.NET

resources...

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 21:23:25 GMT
 Permission Denied Error
If you are compyong an explicit file (no wildcards) to a folder destination, the destination path *must" included the final "\" to make the destination clearly a folder rather than a filename without an extension (which conflicts with the existing folder name and causes a permission denied).

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Wed, 06 Oct 2004 02:53:23 GMT
 Permission Denied Error
Thank you Michael. I had this problem and it was doing my head in. Works now.

Quote:
> If you are compyong an explicit file (no wildcards) to a folder
> destination, the destination path *must" included the final "\" to make
> the destination clearly a folder rather than a filename without an
> extension (which conflicts with the existing folder name and causes a
> permission denied).

Sat, 09 Oct 2004 17:20:50 GMT

1. Advanced JavaScript Question - IE - Permission denied Error

2. Permission denied error

3. Permission denied error in cross frame

4. Handling permission denied errors

5. permission denied error when trying to call send method of NewMail object

6. Permission denied error in opener.function_name()

7. deleting files with file system object ( Permission denied error )

8. Permission denied error when scheduling task thru vbscript

9. Permissions denied error

10. "Permission Denied Error" in IE 6.0

11. Permission Denied error when using InputBox

12. Getting Permission Denied error, using FSO.Copy or InUse.exe