connect to a server.
Author Message
 connect to a server.

I want to run a script that allows me to connect to a server, with a certain
account. Then run a utility from the server then disconnect when the utility
is finished. Any ideas?

Mike.

Sat, 08 May 2004 08:18:08 GMT
 connect to a server.
Hi,

What do you mean "Then run a utility from the server "? If you mean run a
remote exe file in the local, you can try use Net.EXE through WScript.Shell.

First, map a share folder to a driver letter. Then run an exe file. Last
stop the mapping.

NET USE [devicename | *] [\\computername\sharename[\volume] [password | *]]
   [/USER:[domainname\]username]

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

Best Regards,

Jun Su
Microsoft Support

---

--------------------

| Subject: connect to a server.
| Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:18:08 -0800
|
| I want to run a script that allows me to connect to a server, with a
certain
| account. Then run a utility from the server then disconnect when the
utility
| is finished. Any ideas?
|

| Mike.

Sun, 09 May 2004 16:53:23 GMT

1. Connecting to SQL Server via VBScript from Outlook using ADO

2. Connecting to SQL Server 2000 database

3. Using Vbscript and SQL-DMO to connect to SQL Server and run a T-SQL script

4. How to connect to Web Server ?

5. TCP Connecting to other server and service

6. how to connect to sql server 2000

7. Connecting to SQL server thru firewall

8. Connect to Exchange Server

9. Connecting to SQL Server

10. Trying to connect to SQL Server from an ASP with IIS 4.0

11. How to connect to Web Server ?

12. Unable to connect to a server at 'server' on port 80 (socket code 10053) ?????????