Opening a Program using WshShell.Run in an asp page
Author Message
 Opening a Program using WshShell.Run in an asp page

I apologize for my ignorance but I would be interested in knowing why the
following script wouldn't be working on my system (this is an example of a
WSH script that would open up the user's notepad on nt).  It works if I put
the script portion in a "testrun.vbs" file and then execute from the OS
explorer window, but it won't work from my IE 4.0 browser.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META name=VI60_defaultClientScript content=VBScript>
<META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0">
<SCRIPT ID=clientEventHandlersVBS LANGUAGE=vbscript>
<!--

Sub window_onload
 Dim WshShell
 Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.shell")
 WshShell.Run("C:\WINNT\notepad.exe")
End Sub

-->
</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

</BODY>
</HTML>

Kavi C. Grace

Fri, 18 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. WshShell.Run a Dos program and return errorlevel

2. Using ASP open pages to frames

3. Help running an Script using ASP pages

4. WshShell.Run vs WshShell.Exec

5. runas with WshShell.Exec versus WshShell.Run

6. Using variables in WshShell.Run ("....")

7. using DIR with wshshell.run

8. using DIR with wshshell.run

9. Using a variable within WshShell object and Run method (newbie at work)

10. using DIR with wshshell.run

11. using DIR with wshshell.run

12. Using WshShell.Run with a shortcut