Is it possible to automate Emergency Repair Disk in Win2k
Author Message
 Is it possible to automate Emergency Repair Disk in Win2k

Hello all,

I've create a batch file that will completely automate the Repair Disk
process in Windows NT 4 but have been unable to find a way to automate it in
Windows 2000.  I've searched Micrsoft support, the Windows 2000 RK and other
scripting sites but have been unable to find a way.  If someone know of a
way I would appreciate some pointers.

Thanks
Greg Baker

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 09:05:28 GMT
 Is it possible to automate Emergency Repair Disk in Win2k
var shell = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");
shell.Popup("Please insert blank floppy disk in the drive A:", 15);

shell.Run("ntbackup.exe");
WScript.Sleep("500");

shell.Sendkeys("%m");

shell.Sendkeys("~");

WScript.Sleep("15000");

shell.Sendkeys("%{F4}");

shell.Sendkeys("~");

shell.Sendkeys("%{F4}");

WScript.Quit();

---
Kevin Dong

Quote:
> Hello all,

> I've create a batch file that will completely automate the Repair Disk
> process in Windows NT 4 but have been unable to find a way to automate it
in
> Windows 2000.  I've searched Micrsoft support, the Windows 2000 RK and
other
> scripting sites but have been unable to find a way.  If someone know of a
> way I would appreciate some pointers.

> Thanks
> Greg Baker

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 10:23:24 GMT
 Is it possible to automate Emergency Repair Disk in Win2k
What do you mean by "automate"?  It sounds like you have it automated
already.  Do you want to schedule it, or something like that?

Quote:
> Hello all,

> I've create a batch file that will completely automate the Repair
Disk
> process in Windows NT 4 but have been unable to find a way to
automate it in
> Windows 2000.  I've searched Micrsoft support, the Windows 2000 RK
and other
> scripting sites but have been unable to find a way.  If someone know
of a
> way I would appreciate some pointers.

> Thanks
> Greg Baker

Wed, 07 Jul 2004 01:02:19 GMT
 Is it possible to automate Emergency Repair Disk in Win2k
Woops - scratch that- I didn't read carefully :(.

I can confirm Kevin's method works.

Quote:
> Hello all,

> I've create a batch file that will completely automate the Repair
Disk
> process in Windows NT 4 but have been unable to find a way to
automate it in
> Windows 2000.  I've searched Micrsoft support, the Windows 2000 RK
and other
> scripting sites but have been unable to find a way.  If someone know
of a
> way I would appreciate some pointers.

> Thanks
> Greg Baker

Wed, 07 Jul 2004 01:09:33 GMT
 Is it possible to automate Emergency Repair Disk in Win2k
Kevin,

Thanks for repsonding.  I found that script on Win2000mag.com but everytime
I run it...something goes haywire (keeps reopening the backup ulitility and
cancels its self out, or some other error).  Is there anything special that
needs to be done to run it properly?  I named the script rdisk.js and ran it
on Windows 2000 server w/sp2.

Thanks
Greg

Quote:
> var shell = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");
> shell.Popup("Please insert blank floppy disk in the drive A:", 15);

> shell.Run("ntbackup.exe");
> WScript.Sleep("500");

> shell.Sendkeys("%m");

> shell.Sendkeys("~");

> WScript.Sleep("15000");

> shell.Sendkeys("%{F4}");

> shell.Sendkeys("~");

> shell.Sendkeys("%{F4}");

> WScript.Quit();

> ---
> Kevin Dong

> > Hello all,

> > I've create a batch file that will completely automate the Repair Disk
> > process in Windows NT 4 but have been unable to find a way to automate
it
> in
> > Windows 2000.  I've searched Micrsoft support, the Windows 2000 RK and
> other
> > scripting sites but have been unable to find a way.  If someone know of
> > way I would appreciate some pointers.

> > Thanks
> > Greg Baker

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 03:53:11 GMT
 Is it possible to automate Emergency Repair Disk in Win2k
This seems off topic for a WSH group but maybe this will be useful to
you (not a W2K tip, but I'm sure it'd work) -

http://www.jsiinc.com/suba/tip0000/rh0072.htm

Colin

Quote:

> Hello all,

> I've create a batch file that will completely automate the Repair Disk
> process in Windows NT 4 but have been unable to find a way to automate it in
> Windows 2000.  I've searched Micrsoft support, the Windows 2000 RK and other
> scripting sites but have been unable to find a way.  If someone know of a
> way I would appreciate some pointers.

> Thanks
> Greg Baker

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 00:24:42 GMT

1. Is it possible to automate Emergency Repair Disk in Win2k

2. Is it possible to automate Emergency Repair Disk in Win2k

3. win2K disk quotas from script

4. Scripting Disk Manager in Win2K

5. Scripting Disk Manager in Win2K

6. Check Win2K Disk Quota's?

7. Automating CLEANMGR (Disk Cleanup)

8. Automating CLEANMGR (Disk Cleanup)

9. Automating the Task Scheduler in Win2K

10. Automating CLEANMGR (Disk Cleanup)

11. Automating CLEANMGR (Disk Cleanup)

12. Automating CLEANMGR (Disk Cleanup)