HTTP POST with user name and password?
Author Message
 HTTP POST with user name and password?

I was trying to post to a form using a similar script..becuase my form
input type "submit" does not have a ID ( pls see form below). The script
gives runtime error
all.Item(..) is not an object or Null.

Any idea how to use submit when there is no ID

<FORM action="logged.asp" id=form1 method=post name=form1>
        First Name:
        <INPUT id="txtFirstName" name="txtFirstName" >
        Last Name:
        <INPUT id="txtLastName" name="txtLastName" >
        <INPUT type="submit" value="Enter">
</FORM>

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 05:01:19 GMT
 HTTP POST with user name and password?
When the error occurred, when you click the button to submit the form to
the logged.asp?

In addition, where the code "all.Item(..)" was invoked? please post here
some more code snippet including the "all.item(...)".

This posting is provided ?AS IS?, with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 15:31:54 GMT
 HTTP POST with user name and password?
Hi,

You can use <form-reference>.submit().

In your case, you could use: (IE4+ only)
document.all.form1.submit();
Or: (W3C DOM)
document.getElementById("form1").submit();

Hope this helps.

Nikhil Dabas

Quote:
> I was trying to post to a form using a similar script..becuase my form
> input type "submit" does not have a ID ( pls see form below). The script
> gives runtime error
> all.Item(..) is not an object or Null.

> Any idea how to use submit when there is no ID

> <FORM action="logged.asp" id=form1 method=post name=form1>
> First Name:
> <INPUT id="txtFirstName" name="txtFirstName" >
> Last Name:
> <INPUT id="txtLastName" name="txtLastName" >
> <INPUT type="submit" value="Enter">
> </FORM>

Wed, 07 Jul 2004 02:35:01 GMT

1. HTTP POST with user name and password?

2. Windows Security - User Name and Password

3. http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu

4. HTTP Post method in WSH?

5. genrate a http Post in vbscript?

6. Retrieval of a raw Data Stream (plaintext / http post)

7. HTTP POST??

8. Posting xml doc via http

9. HTTP Post method in WSH?

10. Client Side HTTP POST?

11. HTTP Post

12. Add POST data to http body before response.redirect