Has anyone seen this before?
Author Message
 Has anyone seen this before?

Hello,

Have a client machine, Windows 2000 pro, slowwww boot, forever to start
anything, although it will (5-15 minutes). Did a ctrl-alt-delete and after a
longgggg time task manager came up. The major CPU attention getter was
called "Super Mario Bro" I killed it and all was well.

Searched for it in all the usual places with no luck. Removed
a line in the registry "run" key that said "taskreg" It had no location
etc.. and all was well. Virus scanned with two types of software, CAI and
Trend, latest virus defs all showed clean. Anyone seen any program/worm
etc.. that looks familiar to this?

Dirk-Thomas

Tue, 18 May 2004 02:16:07 GMT
 Has anyone seen this before?
My friend it looks like Nimda Virus.  The 'super mario bro' showed up as an
.eml on our desktop and that was what it was. But things were much worse
than you describe.

Quote:
> Hello,

> Have a client machine, Windows 2000 pro, slowwww boot, forever to start
> anything, although it will (5-15 minutes). Did a ctrl-alt-delete and after
> longgggg time task manager came up. The major CPU attention getter was
> called "Super Mario Bro" I killed it and all was well.

> Searched for it in all the usual places with no luck. Removed
> a line in the registry "run" key that said "taskreg" It had no location
> etc.. and all was well. Virus scanned with two types of software, CAI and
> Trend, latest virus defs all showed clean. Anyone seen any program/worm
> etc.. that looks familiar to this?

> Dirk-Thomas

Wed, 19 May 2004 02:47:44 GMT

1. Having problems seeing the NGs

2. (VW)Anyone seen a RangeDictionary or an OrderedDictionary?

3. VWave Server 2.0 beta...Has anyone seen it???

4. CFW 2.003 Has anyone seen this...

5. Anyone saw Gus??

6. Anyone seen Dwiz ???

7. VO2: Has anyone seen my Tool Palette?

8. Weird situation - anyone ever seen it?!

9. Has anyone seen DBU for windows?

10. Anyone seen 5.3 in uk

11. Anyone seen the Apple Dylan on the web

12. Has anyone else seen this?