home page bug
Author Message
 home page bug

help!
got a bug-programm which attached a link of some kind to
my home page. i.e. every time I turn on the computer it
sets the home page to a lousy link. deleted the path
already and it will not help to set another page as it
will be over ridden.
Please someone could give some insight on how to get it
out of my system?
Thanks

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 23:18:25 GMT
 home page bug
I would first check your system for what programs are now running when you
boot up your computer.  <Cntl> <Alt> <Delete> and stop any program that
should not be running.  Then try and reset your home page.  If the reset
takes, go to the Control Pannel / Add Delete Programs, and delete the
program that you just stopped.
That should fix you.
Russ

Quote:

> help!
> got a bug-programm which attached a link of some kind to
> my home page. i.e. every time I turn on the computer it
> sets the home page to a lousy link. deleted the path
> already and it will not help to set another page as it
> will be over ridden.
> Please someone could give some insight on how to get it
> out of my system?
> Thanks

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 23:55:58 GMT
 home page bug

Download and run Spybot at
http://security.kolla.de/index.php?lang=en&page=download

Quote:
> I would first check your system for what programs are now running when you
> boot up your computer.  <Cntl> <Alt> <Delete> and stop any program that
> should not be running.  Then try and reset your home page.  If the reset
> takes, go to the Control Pannel / Add Delete Programs, and delete the
> program that you just stopped.
> That should fix you.
> Russ

> > help!
> > got a bug-programm which attached a link of some kind to
> > my home page. i.e. every time I turn on the computer it
> > sets the home page to a lousy link. deleted the path
> > already and it will not help to set another page as it
> > will be over ridden.
> > Please someone could give some insight on how to get it
> > out of my system?
> > Thanks

Tue, 05 Jul 2005 07:15:40 GMT
 home page bug
Sounds like the YAHA virus. This virus sets the homepage
to one of several options.

Check out:
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/articles/yahak.html

for further info.
Cheers,
K.

Quote:

Tue, 05 Jul 2005 21:27:11 GMT

1. APL2 home page

2. XDC has a home page!

3. Framework Technologies Home Page

4. The Vi Lovers Home Page

5. The Vi Lovers Home Page

6. DC Area Smalltalk Users Group Home Page

7. Correction: DC Smalltalk Users Group home page

8. Atlanta Smalltalk User Group home page

9. ANSI home pages

10. My Home Page.

11. SIGS Publications Home Page

12. Toronto User Group Home Page