How to run AV using shell commands?
Author Message
 How to run AV using shell commands?

Hi All,
I have eTrust InoculateIT on my box. I'm looking into running the AV on some
files programmatically using shell commands. Does anyone know how to do it?

Maddie

Wed, 28 Dec 2005 03:33:25 GMT
 How to run AV using shell commands?

Quote:

> Hi All,
> I have eTrust InoculateIT on my box. I'm looking into running the AV
> on some files programmatically using shell commands. Does anyone know
> how to do it?

Without wishing to sound unfriendly, you may want to check eTrust's help
files. The issue of IF and HOW a scanner would support command line scanning
is going to be very product specific.

Rob
MS MVP
http://www.robertmoir.co.uk

Wed, 28 Dec 2005 04:05:18 GMT
 How to run AV using shell commands?
I don't remember very well... but I think there is a INOCUCMD command you
can use.

Quote:
> Hi All,
> I have eTrust InoculateIT on my box. I'm looking into running the AV on
some
> files programmatically using shell commands. Does anyone know how to do
it?

> Maddie

Wed, 28 Dec 2005 06:44:23 GMT

1. Running shell commands in a fortran program

2. running and managing background shell commands

3. Running a system shell command in BETA (fwd)

4. Running a command on the shell without being echoed

5. error executing shell commands when running as cgi script

6. run-shell-command

7. tkbuttons - put up a bunch of buttons that run shell commands

8. Escaping strings to be used in shell commands?

9. Using shell command in TCL

10. Q: single shell command execution using tcl

11. Bug using EXEC command without any shell ...

12. using shell pipe and variables in Tcl exec command