uninstalling Norton Anti VIrus
Author Message
 uninstalling Norton Anti VIrus

I had Norton antivirus on my Gateway. It had never
functioned well so I bought McAfee and tried to install
it. I had deleted as much of Norton as I could, but the
name still appeared in the Add/Delete Programs section.
When I try to delete it, it won't delete, but the McAfee
program won't install because it says Norton is still
there. I have a friend who is trying to delette all the
registry files, which are numerous, and we have deleted
everything possible of Norton. It still appears. Has
anyone run into this before and is there a solution?

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:59:24 GMT
 uninstalling Norton Anti VIrus
If name is still in add'/remove programs it was not completely uninstalled.  Go ahead
and reinstall it, then uninstall it using Add/remove programs.

Just a word of advice,  you will find that McAfee is not a very good AV.  You may want
to look at some of the others available

: I had Norton antivirus on my Gateway. It had never
: functioned well so I bought McAfee and tried to install
: it. I had deleted as much of Norton as I could, but the
: name still appeared in the Add/Delete Programs section.
: When I try to delete it, it won't delete, but the McAfee
: program won't install because it says Norton is still
: there. I have a friend who is trying to delette all the
: registry files, which are numerous, and we have deleted
: everything possible of Norton. It still appears. Has
: anyone run into this before and is there a solution?

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:38:48 GMT
 uninstalling Norton Anti VIrus
You can say that again about McAfee!

Try AVG from http://www.grisoft.com it's free and is a good alternative

Quote:
> If name is still in add'/remove programs it was not completely

uninstalled.  Go ahead
Quote:
> and reinstall it, then uninstall it using Add/remove programs.

> Just a word of advice,  you will find that McAfee is not a very good AV.
You may want
> to look at some of the others available

> : I had Norton antivirus on my Gateway. It had never
> : functioned well so I bought McAfee and tried to install
> : it. I had deleted as much of Norton as I could, but the
> : name still appeared in the Add/Delete Programs section.
> : When I try to delete it, it won't delete, but the McAfee
> : program won't install because it says Norton is still
> : there. I have a friend who is trying to delette all the
> : registry files, which are numerous, and we have deleted
> : everything possible of Norton. It still appears. Has
> : anyone run into this before and is there a solution?

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:29:58 GMT

1. Dyalog vs Norton Anti-virus

2. Clarion, RPM and Norton Anti-Virus

3. Beware CW4 and Norton Anti virus 2001

4. ** WARNING ** Norton Anti Virus DEBUGer bug

5. Do I need TO disable Norton Anti=Virus Wnen I'm going to install updates

6. norton anti virus renewal time?

7. How do I start Norton Anti Virus?

8. Norton Anti-Virus 2002

9. Norton Anti-Virus program