How to prevent Virus W32.klez.gen@mm
Author Message
 How to prevent Virus W32.klez.gen@mm

Dear expert:
  Recently, as I brower any web site, I found it out there
are some virus saving on my computer's Temporary Internet
Files's Content.IE5.  I have to remove it manual in order
to prevent any harm.  Could you give me any suggestion how
to prevent this virus saving on my computer please?
Thank you
Eric

Sun, 02 Jan 2005 15:10:53 GMT
 How to prevent Virus W32.klez.gen@mm
Never ever go in and get Email.   Email is how Klez spreads and when you open/dl an
email and its attachments they go into the TIF directory.
MAke sure you have an up to date AV and turn off preview if you use OE if you have all
your emails going to your inbox.  Clean your TIF on a daily or at most weekly basis

: Dear expert:
:   Recently, as I brower any web site, I found it out there
: are some virus saving on my computer's Temporary Internet
: Files's Content.IE5.  I have to remove it manual in order
: to prevent any harm.  Could you give me any suggestion how
: to prevent this virus saving on my computer please?
: Thank you
: Eric

Sun, 02 Jan 2005 20:45:08 GMT
 How to prevent Virus W32.klez.gen@mm
The Klez takes advantage of a Windows vulnerability that was patched by
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS01-020.asp.. Applying
this patch will eliminate the vulnerability.

Hope this helps

Rich

> Dear expert:
>   Recently, as I brower any web site, I found it out there
> are some virus saving on my computer's Temporary Internet
> Files's Content.IE5.  I have to remove it manual in order
> to prevent any harm.  Could you give me any suggestion how
> to prevent this virus saving on my computer please?
> Thank you
> Eric

Mon, 03 Jan 2005 10:40:36 GMT
 How to prevent Virus W32.klez.gen@mm
Your advice, is not very instructive.
I would suggest multiple ways of stopping virus's from
gaining access to your computer.
Turn off your preview pane in whatever your using for
reading e-mail, that way you can click on and delete
suspicious e-mails without opening them, have a AV program
and make sure it's properly configured, keep the dat files
up to date, making sure your scanning your e-mails for
{*filter*} attachments , turn off the ability to run VBasic in
your e-mail program, another door
in to your computer. develope habits of not opening e-mails
from people you've not heard of, set filters to delete
from the server obvious harmful e-mails and spam..
ask your ISP if they offer a filtering service for you.

and much better advice, get educated on how virus can be
stopped, like asking questions in this forum.  Good for
you.

Never NEVER open e-mails with *.bat or *.exe attachments
unless you are expecting them to arrive from a known person
 However now virus can gain access via pictures just
clicking on them you can get a virus, so be careful..

Quote:

Fri, 07 Jan 2005 10:45:23 GMT

1. w32.klez.gen@mm

2. W32.Klez.gen@mm -- NOW MISSING .DLL FILES??

3. w32.Klez.gen@mm

4. W32/Klez.h@MM virus

6. W32.Klez.H@mm

7. Malicious email with W32.Klez.H@.mm attachment

8. W32.Klez.E@mm

9. w32.klez.h@mm

10. W32.Klez.E@mm infected files

11. W32 KLEZ VIRUS REMOVAL FOR WINDOWS XP

12. w32/klez.eml virus