W32 KLEZ VIRUS REMOVAL FOR WINDOWS XP
Author Message
 W32 KLEZ VIRUS REMOVAL FOR WINDOWS XP

Go to the Symantec site and download their RESPONSE to
KLEZ Worm.  This will remove the worm.  It takes quite a
few trial and error to download this file and execute it
but once you are successful, it will remove the worm.
(Remember, if the a file could not be repaired, take note
of the file name and if it is something important to any
of your software, you have to reinstall the software.  You
have no alternative but to delete the file.)

Install your Anti-Virus right away after removing the
worm.  In my case, I have only the NORTON Anti-Virus 2000
and it alerts me about any mail or attachment that I
receive with my Outlook Express that contains the W32KLEZ
worm.  I always chose to :

1.  Repair the file (even if it cannot be repaired anyway)
2.  It will tell me that it cannot be repaired and it will
suggest that the file be quarantined.  I click ok.
3.  Then immediately I open the Norton Utilities, click
the Anti-Virus and click Quarantined Files.  Then I click
to delete these files.
4.  Then I immediately empty my Recycle Bin -- both
regular files and Norton protected files.

Good luck!

Quote:

Sun, 08 May 2005 23:15:40 GMT
 W32 KLEZ VIRUS REMOVAL FOR WINDOWS XP
I did get rid of the Klez.H virus and I DID lose some
important execute files using FixKlez.com from
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/FixKlez.com.
 I had to reload MSOffice to install missing files and
McAfee.  Now I'm getting "can't locate launch32"
and "WGPRO32" on opening windows 98.  I've also lost
notepad.exe so I can't read any text files.  I don't know
where these files originally came from so I don't know
where to find them.  Any ideas?
Quote:

Mon, 09 May 2005 11:09:35 GMT

1. w32/klez.eml virus