Mcafee 6.01 slowing down PC ?
Author Message
 Mcafee 6.01 slowing down PC ?

Hi

A friend has downloaded a trial version of the McAfee 6.01 and is now
finding her computer very slooooooow

Any idea what might be wrong and how I can help her fix the problem ??

TIA, Jenny

Sat, 08 May 2004 05:33:19 GMT
 Mcafee 6.01 slowing down PC ?
Performance and use of system resources are main questions of AntiVirus SW
and McAfee mostly. Some how, it goes up to 100% CPU usage, "very slow"
system startup,  slow-down in general, loss of e-mails in OE, etc... are the
main and known issues of VSC... Sure it depends on the HW and SW
configuration of the PC!

You / She may install any SP / Patch available!

You / She can also evaluate :

NVC www.norman.com
NAV www.symantec.com
AVP www.kaspersky.com

which are having better performances....

Quote:
> Hi

> A friend has downloaded a trial version of the McAfee 6.01 and is now
> finding her computer very slooooooow

> Any idea what might be wrong and how I can help her fix the problem ??

> TIA, Jenny

Sat, 08 May 2004 17:34:09 GMT
 Mcafee 6.01 slowing down PC ?
the problem is that with trial version you wont be able to have the
patchs.There is a patch that focuses on this kind of problems.
You can work around this problem by scaning program files only instead of
alll files as well as you will need to upgrade to the latest engine.

regards
charles seferian

Quote:
> Hi

> A friend has downloaded a trial version of the McAfee 6.01 and is now
> finding her computer very slooooooow

> Any idea what might be wrong and how I can help her fix the problem ??

> TIA, Jenny

Mon, 17 May 2004 23:22:31 GMT
 Mcafee 6.01 slowing down PC ?

> the problem is that with trial version you wont be able to have the
> patchs.There is a patch that focuses on this kind of problems.
> You can work around this problem by scaning program files only instead of
> alll files as well as you will need to upgrade to the latest engine.

**  in this case, you may not be protected against most of the dangerous
viruses !!!

You may install a new SW or instead of using a trial version you may
purchase a licensed one....

By the way , McAfee may cause the same !!!

Quote:

> regards
> charles seferian

> > Hi

> > A friend has downloaded a trial version of the McAfee 6.01 and is now
> > finding her computer very slooooooow

> > Any idea what might be wrong and how I can help her fix the problem ??

> > TIA, Jenny

Sat, 22 May 2004 00:27:43 GMT

1. PC slows down after a while when running labview application

2. HELP - Need to slow down my PC (via software)

3. APL 6.01 (DOS) and WinXP

4. APL 6.01 (DOS) and WinXP

5. Easysoft ODBC for Interbase 6.01 - 0.044

6. Win32Forth Version 6.01 is ready

7. DESPERATE: DirectX\DirectInput with LV 6.01

8. convert 6.1 to 6.01

9. Intel Fortran 6.01 and SuSE 8.1

10. PC possessed by McAfee

11. vw2.5 sometimes slows down when large

12. MTIMER slows PB down