I-Worm/yaha.k
Author Message
 I-Worm/yaha.k

I have been infected with the above virus, having
foolishly opened a bogus email titled av - virus fix from
Macafee.

I thought that I had successfully removed it from my
system using a Symantec special tool, however this
morning I am again receiving the self propogating emails
such as "are you a soccer fan".  The anti virus scans do
not detect the virus.

I am using XP.

Do I need to reinstall Outlook Express or perhaps at
worst Windows Xp?

Steve

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 09:03:11 GMT
 I-Worm/yaha.k

First, you need to get your antivirus detecting these.  Is your antivirus
set up to automatically download the latest updates weekly or so, and does
it have the latest update?

The removal tool is fine, but it does nothing to protect you from being
reinfected a minute later... and if you need to use a removal tool, it means
your antivirus isn't working.

Quote:
> I have been infected with the above virus, having
> foolishly opened a bogus email titled av - virus fix from
> Macafee.

> I thought that I had successfully removed it from my
> system using a Symantec special tool, however this
> morning I am again receiving the self propogating emails
> such as "are you a soccer fan".  The anti virus scans do
> not detect the virus.

> I am using XP.

> Do I need to reinstall Outlook Express or perhaps at
> worst Windows Xp?

> Steve

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 09:30:50 GMT
 I-Worm/yaha.k
Thanks Karl

I am using AVG 6 as an anti-virus scanner.  As a result
of the updates it was able to find 14 files and put them
in the vault.  I have re run it again today and it
doesn't detect the virus.  However I still am receiving
the self generated emails in Outlook (that are part of
the virus symptoms eg: The one I got this morning was Do
you like soccer.  I don't however have the main symptoms
that I had yesterday which were Task Manager being
disabled and not being able to use system tools.

regards

Steve

Quote:

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 09:55:39 GMT
 I-Worm/yaha.k
Look in your "Options" and make sure you have all of your settings correct; like
the boxes being checked for emails.

don
==============

I have been infected with the above virus, having
foolishly opened a bogus email titled av - virus fix from
Macafee.

I thought that I had successfully removed it from my
system using a Symantec special tool, however this
morning I am again receiving the self propogating emails
such as "are you a soccer fan".  The anti virus scans do
not detect the virus.

I am using XP.

Do I need to reinstall Outlook Express or perhaps at
worst Windows Xp?

Steve

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 12:47:31 GMT
 I-Worm/yaha.k
You'll continue to receive virus infected emails from other infected
computers.  This is normal and does not by itself indicate you are infected.
When your antivirus alarms, that is a good thing and not a bad thing.
Nothing much you can do to prevent the infected emails from being sent to
you.

Quote:
> Thanks Karl

> I am using AVG 6 as an anti-virus scanner.  As a result
> of the updates it was able to find 14 files and put them
> in the vault.  I have re run it again today and it
> doesn't detect the virus.  However I still am receiving
> the self generated emails in Outlook (that are part of
> the virus symptoms eg: The one I got this morning was Do
> you like soccer.  I don't however have the main symptoms
> that I had yesterday which were Task Manager being
> disabled and not being able to use system tools.

> regards

> Steve

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 21:55:11 GMT
 I-Worm/yaha.k
You can protect yourself better.
Learn a little something about virii and SPAM.
That will help you get more moxy about what to and what not to do.
Most all of us have experienced the learning curve.
Me, I was hard headed and learned the hard way, but the time that was wasted by
not practicing good computing.
You'd do well to get you a mail washer and a file washer too, and keep all you can
on some form of backup.
You can use Google to search for a lot. Do a search for Mail Washer. And File
Washer.
Learn about Norton Ghost or Disk Image. And learn to be very protective of your
email address, chat programs like IM, ICQ, mIRC.
Some of the youngters on these can be really playful about causing you to Fresh
Install.

sorry about the soap box I get on,
don
==========

Thanks Karl

I am using AVG 6 as an anti-virus scanner.  As a result
of the updates it was able to find 14 files and put them
in the vault.  I have re run it again today and it
doesn't detect the virus.  However I still am receiving
the self generated emails in Outlook (that are part of
the virus symptoms eg: The one I got this morning was Do
you like soccer.  I don't however have the main symptoms
that I had yesterday which were Task Manager being
disabled and not being able to use system tools.

regards

Steve

Quote:

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 02:20:14 GMT
 I-Worm/yaha.k

I got this same virus and can not run any programs from
windows xp.  i can run msn messenger from the hotmail
website but not from my pc.  it seems all my exe. files
are gone.  i continue to receive at least three infected
emails daily (they always have attachements of 46 to 47
k).  They are mostly screensavers that have the
words "friend" or "love" in the title.

Am i going to have to reformat my hard drive?
Thanks
mark

Quote:

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 07:34:22 GMT
 I-Worm/yaha.k

Steve,

You could set outlook to filter these messages with
subject lines such as the ones you've indicated and put
them straight in the trash.

I would assume that these messages are coming from people
that you know (it happened to me to!), filtering on the
subject means that you will still get messages coming from
these people but the {*filter*}will go to the trash.

Just remember that if the subject line looks strange,
trash it. Add the subject line to the filter to catch any
messages with that title.

(Did that make any sense ;O)

Cheers,
Kev.

Quote:

>>> Steve

>>.

>.

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 16:48:59 GMT
 I-Worm/yaha.k
Hi,

I recived that virus go to www.symantec.com go on sercurity reponse and
dload the virus killer tool

--
Daniel
Digital Blasphemy

Quote:
> I got this same virus and can not run any programs from
> windows xp.  i can run msn messenger from the hotmail
> website but not from my pc.  it seems all my exe. files
> are gone.  i continue to receive at least three infected
> emails daily (they always have attachements of 46 to 47
> k).  They are mostly screensavers that have the
> words "friend" or "love" in the title.

> Am i going to have to reformat my hard drive?
> Thanks
> mark

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 05:40:57 GMT
 I-Worm/yaha.k
go to www.symantec.com and downalod the removal tool under sercurity alerts
menu i think

--
Daniel
Digital Blasphemy

Quote:
> Steve,

> You could set outlook to filter these messages with
> subject lines such as the ones you've indicated and put
> them straight in the trash.

> I would assume that these messages are coming from people
> that you know (it happened to me to!), filtering on the
> subject means that you will still get messages coming from
> these people but the {*filter*}will go to the trash.

> Just remember that if the subject line looks strange,
> trash it. Add the subject line to the filter to catch any
> messages with that title.

> (Did that make any sense ;O)

> Cheers,
> Kev.

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 05:43:57 GMT

1. YAHA WORM SOLOUTION

2. YAHA worm

3. how do i get rid of yaha worm?

4. Worm virus: W32/opaserv.worm.f

5. W32 Opaserv.worm a/k/a Opasoft.A Worm

6. YAHA Virus

7. yaha virus

8. yaha.k

9. YAHA virus

10. W32/Yaha.

11. yaha\g

12. Warning: HAPPY99.EXE is the new internet worm, do NOT execute